NFL Deshaun Watson

Shoulda known he was some kinda *** creep when he was linked to that clout-chasing Semenhole ***** all those years ago.

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans...osts-video-Texans-Deshaun-Watson-12197526.php

Advertisement
Innocent until proven guilty, absolutely.

but 12 ******* people don’t come together in a big conspiracy to get to take someone down. With the reported possibility of 10 more civil suits to be filed.

you’re telling me 20 people all got together and devised a plan, and fabricated 20 different stories to ruin deshaun watsons career?
Cmon.

If anything deshaun put himself in bad situations..or this is a pattern of bad behavior..I want all the facts to come out. But right now he’s guilty of bad judgment..

Innocent until proven guilty, absolutely.

but 12 ******* people don’t come together in a big conspiracy to get to take someone down. With the reported possibility of 10 more civil suits to be filed.

you’re telling me 20 people all got together and devised a plan, and fabricated 20 different stories to ruin deshaun watsons career?
Cmon.
To chase a bag yes. Women and ppl have n general would do that. And it’s not the women coming together to ruin him per se..but that lawyer tryna get as many ppl to establish a pattern of behavior.

This whole situation is really weird and ****ed up, so I cant really go either way and support one side.

So I will just remain on the outside looking in, get me some popcorn and watch the drama.

Advertisement
To chase a bag yes. Women and ppl have n general would do that. And it’s not the women coming together to ruin him per se..but that lawyer tryna get as many ppl to establish a pattern of behavior.
If these people all end up being hired by Watson on the dates/times in question, it will be hard to disprove.

If these people all end up being hired by Watson on the dates/times in question, it will be hard to disprove.
I agree. If I was his lawyer I’d had him just pay the first woman off. Tax for putting yourself in this situation. Ever since it went public by that attorney more are coming out. The facts that all of this at this point seems to be civil suits Is the problem. Hard to prove innocence beyond reasonable doubt In a civil case..

it’s all gunna be hear say..and I guess text messages. From the one provided it didn’t even seem crazy at all. That’s why before rushing to judgment just let it play out. But it’s clear what this attorney is tryna do

I agree. If I was his lawyer I’d had him just pay the first woman off. Tax for putting yourself in this situation. Ever since it went public by that attorney more are coming out. The facts that all of this at this point seems to be civil suits Is the problem. Hard to prove innocence beyond reasonable doubt In a civil case..

it’s all gunna be hear say..and I guess text messages. From the one provided it didn’t even seem crazy at all. That’s why before rushing to judgment just let it play out. But it’s clear what this attorney is tryna do
I believe that criminal is beyond reasonable doubt, civil is just preponderance of evidence. That's why it's easier to win.

One of our attorneys can correct me if I'm wrong.

Shoulda known he was some kinda *** creep when he was linked to that clout-chasing Semenhole ***** all those years ago.

https://www.chron.com/sports/texans...osts-video-Texans-Deshaun-Watson-12197526.php

LOL, professional athletes are in **** actresses DMs all the time, ask Tiger.

Advertisement

That's the same as admitting some type of guilt even though you're not, to me.

That's the same as admitting some type of guilt even though you're not, to me.
It is. But as you can see with the mayor in NY and this case the court of public opinion is just as damning. If not more for a high profile athlete in Watsons position. And I get wanting to clear your name and prove yourself innocent but in a civil case it’s hard.

I just find it crazy that “oh he made me feel uncomfortable” is enough to drag a mans reputation through the mud. If that all it takes then every man in America might be in trouble..as long as you a high profile figure I gues

OK, I'm not going to get into great depth and detail here, but...

First, while we DO occasionally hear about a large settlement on occasion (usually involving a celebrity), there is not some massive and lucrative "chase a bag" industry.

There are over a half-million people per year who are the victims of sexual assault. 90% are female. The number of significant cash settlements for sexual assault allegations is miniscule. So, yeah, if people think that 20 professional masseuses are going to potentially wreck their careers by making high-profile allegations (which many, who are fans of Deshaun Watson, will choose to disbelieve), all in the pursuit of this myth of "big-dollar settlements", then I don't know what to tell you. Most women who choose not to report sexual assault do so because of the potential shame of the situation, so when you take into account that all of these Watson accusers are doing so in connection with their LIVELIHOODS, it makes it much less likely that 20 independent individuals would do so on a false-accusation basis. No matter how much credit you want to attribute to the lawyer.

Speaking of which, let's move on to the second point. Several people on this thread have complained about THE LAWYER. Because, of course, everyone needs a villain. But, again, this myth that there are "Rasputin-like" attorneys who are just going out into the world and finding 20 women to make false allegations is just a ridiculous exaggeration. In reality, what is much more likely to have happened (given the number of accusers, their line of work, and the relatively short period of time in which these events/allegations transpired) is that masseuses started talking to one another about their "professional horror stories", and they began to notice similar fact patterns and/or names.

Again, everyone deserves to have a fair hearing, and maybe, just maybe, all of these allegations are false. But the allegations should be heard and evaluated on their own merits, and not summarily dismissed because "lawyer" or "bags" or whatever other myths are trotted out whenever one of these cases involves a well-liked celebrity.

Everyone should do themselves a favor, and go watch "Allen v. Farrow" to learn how that pedophile Woody Allen literally disseminated the myth of "parental alienation syndrome", which has haunted the American court system for 30 years since.

Advertisement

First, while we DO occasionally hear about a large settlement on occasion (usually involving a celebrity), there is not some massive and lucrative "chase a bag" industry.

There are over a half-million people per year who are the victims of sexual assault. 90% are female. The number of significant cash settlements for sexual assault allegations is miniscule. So, yeah, if people think that 20 professional masseuses are going to potentially wreck their careers by making high-profile allegations (which many, who are fans of Deshaun Watson, will choose to disbelieve), all in the pursuit of this myth of "big-dollar settlements", then I don't know what to tell you. Most women who choose not to report sexual assault do so because of the potential shame of the situation, so when you take into account that all of these Watson accusers are doing so in connection with their LIVELIHOODS, it makes it much less likely that 20 independent individuals would do so on a false-accusation basis. No matter how much credit you want to attribute to the lawyer.

Speaking of which, let's move on to the second point. Several people on this thread have complained about THE LAWYER. Because, of course, everyone needs a villain. But, again, this myth that there are "Rasputin-like" attorneys who are just going out into the world and finding 20 women to make false allegations is just a ridiculous exaggeration. In reality, what is much more likely to have happened (given the number of accusers, their line of work, and the relatively short period of time in which these events/allegations transpired) is that masseuses started talking to one another about their "professional horror stories", and they began to notice similar fact patterns and/or names.

Again, everyone deserves to have a fair hearing, and maybe, just maybe, all of these allegations are false. But the allegations should be heard and evaluated on their own merits, and not summarily dismissed because "lawyer" or "bags" or whatever other myths are trotted out whenever one of these cases involves a well-liked celebrity.

Everyone should do themselves a favor, and go watch "Allen v. Farrow" to learn how that pedophile Woody Allen literally disseminated the myth of "parental alienation syndrome", which has haunted the American court system for 30 years since.

I’m not saying the **** don’t happen...and if a man or woman makes you uncomfortable with flirtatious behavior how about speaking up TOO THAT PERSON.

how many celebrity cases get settled with no publicity like this one? A whole lot.

but just with facts of this case so far..I don’t see a crime being committed. Just a guy putting himself in a horrible situation where hear se is hard to beat. And a lot these cases seem to be just that. Because I make you feel “uncomfortable” isn’t grounds for sexual assault labeling lingering over my name..just the mayor from NY. Woman claiming that “he flirted with them” and “made unwavering eye contact”. When did tryna talk and flirt with the opposite *** become sexual assault and a reason for some to resign...now a case like that Hollywood director I get. The man was flashing his Vienna sausage at women in his hotel room..but some this other **** is just cray imo

Herm must not be speaking at pre draft workouts anymore.

“One house, one car, one girlfriend. Don’t be out looking for ladies of the night.” Etc.

I’m not saying the **** don’t happen...and if a man or woman makes you uncomfortable with flirtatious behavior how about speaking up TOO THAT PERSON.

how many celebrity cases get settled with no publicity like this one? A whole lot.

but just with facts of this case so far..I don’t see a crime being committed. Just a guy putting himself in a horrible situation where hear se is hard to beat. And a lot these cases seem to be just that. Because I make you feel “uncomfortable” isn’t grounds for sexual assault labeling lingering over my name..just the mayor from NY. Woman claiming that “he flirted with them” and “made unwavering eye contact”. When did tryna talk and flirt with the opposite *** become sexual assault and a reason for some to resign...now a case like that Hollywood director I get. The man was flashing his Vienna sausage at women in his hotel room..but some this other **** is just cray imo

And, at the current moment, it is not a criminal case. There are 14 civil lawsuits that have been filed.

As for "speaking up", many of the women accusing Watson have stated that they did speak up, but were then intimidated verbally and/or physically.

As for the GOVERNOR (not mayor) of New York, you have quoted two things that have been said, yet you have omitted a bunch of other statements that have been reported that go further in describing Cuomo's words and actions. Thus far, nobody is claiming that Governor Cuomo sexually assaulted them. Thus far, he has been criticized for using his office and power to harass and proposition women who worked for him.

There is a difference. Words are important. The specific allegations (if true) are much more serious against Deshaun Watson on a factual and legal-implications basis. The specific allegations against Governor Cuomo (if true) are problematic because of his power and position in government, but he has not yet been sued by anyone.

Advertisement

While not an actual recognized mental illness, parental alienation does exist and Allen's exploitation of it has discredited everyone who has had a child's mind poisoned by an ex-spouse.

While not an actual recognized mental illness, parental alienation does exist and Allen's exploitation of it has discredited everyone who has had a child's mind poisoned by an ex-spouse.

Nope. The doctor who invented it is a quack. There is no parental alienation syndrome.

But, as with all things in life, there are always going to be some cases in which someone lies. There are people who make false allegations that they were robbed, but it's not a syndrome.

Nope. The doctor who invented it is a quack. There is no parental alienation syndrome.

But, as with all things in life, there are always going to be some cases in which someone lies. There are people who make false allegations that they were robbed, but it's not a syndrome.
Read what I wrote. I said it's not a recognized illness. Allen's treatment of it as such is a joke and the doctor is a quack.

But parents will absolutely lie and manipulate their children to hate the other parent. It's not a disease, but it should be a crime.

Advertisement
Back