Deshaun Watson to Dolphins?

Wouldn’t it be nice if all companies asked their employees for feedback on executive management decisions. He should just pipe down and do the job he signed a contract to do.
I'd agree normally but they told him they'd keep him in the loop. It's just dumb to literally not tell him anything after saying you would. I also don't blame him for not trusting them to do a good job, they're one of the worst run organizations in the NFL.

Advertisement
He wasn’t asking to play GM, he was asking to be kept in the loop and have his preferences be HEARD, which I say as the face of the franchise he shouldn’t even have to ask for.

They didn’t even interview Bieniemy, who should’ve been interviewed regardless of if Watson wanted him or not because he’s qualified and would be awesome with Deshaun.
It's just a major conflict of interest for an employee to be involved in the selection process of the person responsible for negotiating his salary and his teammates. There has to be separation, just like any company. Owners don't ask employees who they want as CFO.

No, mind sharing?
“… the loose consensus was three first-round draft picks,” Florio wrote for Pro Football Talk. “As one GM put it, if the first of the first-round picks lands in the top 10 of the 2021 draft, that would help get it done.”

This is a joke. They have almost no leverage. They can go this route and every franchise should just let them resolve their own disaster.

Advertisement
He's apparently ****ed that they didn't keep him in the loop for the coaching search or GM search after they said they would. He found out who the GM was on Twitter. Houston continues to look like a **** show. Apparently he has a no trade clause in his contract but he's open to going to Miami and he's thinking of demanding a trade so who knows....m

Ditka trade. Give the Texans Tua and all of the 2021 draft picks for Watson.

Advertisement
“… the loose consensus was three first-round draft picks,” Florio wrote for Pro Football Talk. “As one GM put it, if the first of the first-round picks lands in the top 10 of the 2021 draft, that would help get it done.”

This is a joke. They have almost no leverage. They can go this route and every franchise should just let them resolve their own disaster.
Yeah **** em. Ride with Tua for now. Most I would give is Tua, #18 and maybe #36 and a late round pick or two. Would still leave is with a 1st, 2nd and whatever is leftover.
Pass. Trading Tua and taking on Watson absolutely destroys Miami's cap flexibility. It puts us in salary cap ****.
I wanted to ask someone more familiar with our cap situation about this. I know we're in a decent place but not like last offseason. Wonder if Watson would be willing to re-work his contract, or if thats even a possibility.

Absolutely. This really all depends on how ****ed Watson really is. I'm sure the Texans are trying to repair the relationship right now and if they can, this all goes away.
Thing is, a guy like Watson is pretty laid back and conservative, so if he's ****sd off at you you really really earned that ****.

Not sure the relationship can be repaired based on whats being reported, but they already made one bondeheaded trade of a generational talent for nothing

They'd be stupid to do so again. Texans would be better off just going about their business w an angry superstar amd hoping he comes around rather than parting ways.

Last edited:
Watson would be awesome but not at the expense for both first round picks. They need to sign a WR in free agency. A Rob, Golladay, or Godwin. I’d love any one of those, specifically A Rob.

Miami has the leverage. If somehow they could hang onto the #3 and take Sewell and have those 3 events happen they’d be cooking.

In all likelihood Texans want that #3 at minimum , Tua, and then some. But if the Fins can get that done without giving up a ransom then you go for it with Watson.

Advertisement
Watson wants to leave a team with no weapons to go to a team with no weapons who would have to spend their draft picks to get him. Makes sense right? Dante Culpepper pt. 2

Absolutely. This really all depends on how ****ed Watson is. I'm sure the Texans are trying to repair the relationship right now and if they can, this all goes away.
Texans need to think long term. Watson is a Top 5 quarterback who is 25 years old. He has at least ten years left. With proper drafting, Houston can be back and competitive within three seasons. As Miami has found, it can take considerably longer to luck into a franchise quarterback of Watson's caliber.

Advertisement
Texans don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick this year thanks to us. We have all the leverage - trade Tua, the #3 pick and IF you have to do more, maybe a future 3rd or something. Then use your 1st and 2nd and 3rd rounders on WRs, some linebacker help, and DE's.

Also sort of off topic but get Needham out of my face.

Id hive them Tua and our mid 1st rounder. I keep their 3rd lol

Texans don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick this year thanks to us. We have all the leverage - trade Tua, the #3 pick and IF you have to do more, maybe a future 3rd or something. Then use your 1st and 2nd and 3rd rounders on WRs, some linebacker help, and DE's.

Also sort of off topic but get Needham out of my face.

This is almost like the Draft Day movie... except they actually have a QB in Watson

Texans need to think long term. Watson is a Top 5 quarterback who is 25 years old. He has at least ten years left. With proper drafting, Houston can be back and competitive within three seasons. As Miami has found, it can take considerably longer to luck into a franchise quarterback of Watson's caliber.
Without a 1st or 2nd this year, it'll likely take them longer than 3 years. But, your approach still makes sense for them - unless Watson is legitimately done with them. If he shuts down, the equation changes. And, then they may have to hit the big reset button.

Advertisement
Back