Derrius Perryman DE/OLB - Denzel's younger brother

Advertisement
I'd almost offer him on name alone if he has half the skill of his brother and a quarter of the character.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He looks like he can get after the quarterback but unfortunately, 6' 200 lb defensive ends don't translate to major college football. There's not much footage of him playing in space or at a traditional linebacker spot. He's going to have to show he can play linebacker (not just pass-rusher) .

He looks like he can get after the quarterback but unfortunately, 6' 200 lb defensive ends don't translate to major college football. There's not much footage of him playing in space or at a traditional linebacker spot. He's going to have to show he can play linebacker (not just pass-rusher) .

Yeah was thinking the same thing, looks like a 3-4 OLB at a smaller program. I would like to see him play ILB a little for his senior year, might be a thumper but there's no film to see if he can play in space.

Mike Smith hasn't really shown much and they look similar in terms of ability.

Advertisement
Kid better start playing LB ASAP so he can learn the position and more importantly the instincts to play LB in college.

He is too short to play DE and needs a lot of work before he can play LB at the U.

Denzel Perryman had some of the best HS LB film I've ever seen, and it was b/c of his instincts and how quickly he would diagnose a play and get to the the ball.

His little bro has great bloodlines and a nose for the ball, IMO he needs to get his hand outta the dirt and start playing a true LB position sooner rather than later.

His coach is ******** his future up by using him on the line IMO.

LB is a position where you need a lot of reps to develop the type of instincts that make the Spences, Vilmas, Lewis, Perrymans etc...

Advertisement
Back