Derrick Smith transferring schools one more time

Hightower

U saying Hightower turned out to be good? I thought he faded into obscurity, no? Or you saying he’s another one of my examples of everyone flipping out when he bounced and not amounting to a hill of beans, a hill, or a bean?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would like someone to take the time to put together all the kids who have left here in the past 10 years for "greener pastures" and also all of the kids who flat-out decommitted at some point in the process. Not leans and then went elsewhere, but kids who were Miami Hurricanes, either enrolled and/or committed.

I would venture to bet 85% of them didn't amount to a singular thing. It's insane. It's almost like a curse...once you develop one smidgen of Miami DNA, if you leave the program, you're completely useless. Just some off the top of my head the past 5+ years:

Dionte Mullins (I know the personal issues, I don't care. I'm talking black and white did you go elsewhere and flourish or not)
Jack Allison
Derrick Smiff
Tre McTitties
Kadeem Telfort
Akeem Dent
Jarvis Brownlee
Artur Sitkowski
Lorenzo Lingard
Marquez Ezzard

There's gotta be 50 more. I can't think of a single kid who bounced and turned out to be a really good player. Josh Jobe? I guess he'll play at the next level? CJ Henderson I guess is one. But it's incredible to me about how badly we twist in the wind when kids leave, and then if you fast-forward a year or two, it was all for naught. Almost NONE of these kids come back to bite us in the ***.

Are you going to pay for this to be done? If not then I'm busy

Advertisement
This might be the best example. A guy who had a decent year at Rutgers and has been a backup in the NFL. I would put him in the bucket of guys who left and actually panned out. But I'll bet he is VERY lonely in there.
Funny thing is, he had a pretty mediocre season at Rutgers and went undrafted. He's the incredibly rare player who was much better in the NFL than in college.

U saying Hightower turned out to be good? I thought he faded into obscurity, no? Or you saying he’s another one of my examples of everyone flipping out when he bounced and not amounting to a hill of beans, a hill, or a bean?

I think he's just saying he went elsehwere. Unfortunately for BH, he went to a school with a sh1tty QB room.

Gionni Paul

UTAH: First-team All-Pac-12 selection was one of the country's best linebackers … earned two national Defensive Player of the Week awards (Athlon Sports vs. Michigan in 2014 and Walter Camp vs. Washington in 2015) … three-time Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week … transferred from Miami, where he lettered two seasons and was a two-time ACC Linebacker of the Week.

2015--First-team All-Pac-12 … started all 13 games at rover linebacker …

Advertisement
Gionni Paul

UTAH: First-team All-Pac-12 selection was one of the country's best linebackers … earned two national Defensive Player of the Week awards (Athlon Sports vs. Michigan in 2014 and Walter Camp vs. Washington in 2015) … three-time Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Week … transferred from Miami, where he lettered two seasons and was a two-time ACC Linebacker of the Week.

He trucked my *** about a million times in little league. He used to be pretty fat, but then he got cut up in high school.

I remember being super ****ed when he transferred.

Funny thing is, he had a pretty mediocre season at Rutgers and went undrafted. He's the incredibly rare player who was much better in the NFL than in college.
And even in the NFL he may have just landed in the right situation. He might not have stuck with a team that runs a different offense or wants backs who do different things.

Advertisement
Patrick Johnson/Peterson
Lesean McCoy (technically)
Arthur/Bryce Brown
Chauncy Gardner Johnson
Alex Collins

Gionni Paul

Too soon.

Advertisement
Gionni Paul

Yup. Paul was a good example of one who bounced and actually did something elsewhere. Forgot about him.

always thought he couldve played linebacker for us, **** was I wrong about that. I then thought he would start at Illinois.. With this track record, Im like the waterboy talking about the medulla oblongata

1651528867287.png

Advertisement
Back