Derrick Smith transferring schools one more time

Advertisement
Advertisement
1651510435889.png

“I don’t believe we have a player in the two-deep, um, that they recruited here over the last three years this is really significantly doing anything for us in the playing department, and that is a major concern, right."

Last edited:
Advertisement
I would like someone to take the time to put together all the kids who have left here in the past 10 years for "greener pastures" and also all of the kids who flat-out decommitted at some point in the process. Not leans and then went elsewhere, but kids who were Miami Hurricanes, either enrolled and/or committed.

I would venture to bet 85% of them didn't amount to a singular thing. It's insane. It's almost like a curse...once you develop one smidgen of Miami DNA, if you leave the program, you're completely useless. Just some off the top of my head the past 5+ years:

Dionte Mullins (I know the personal issues, I don't care. I'm talking black and white did you go elsewhere and flourish or not)
Jack Allison
Derrick Smiff
Tre McTitties
Kadeem Telfort
Akeem Dent
Jarvis Brownlee
Artur Sitkowski
Lorenzo Lingard
Marquez Ezzard

There's gotta be 50 more. I can't think of a single kid who bounced and turned out to be a really good player. Josh Jobe? I guess he'll play at the next level? CJ Henderson I guess is one. But it's incredible to me about how badly we twist in the wind when kids leave, and then if you fast-forward a year or two, it was all for naught. Almost NONE of these kids come back to bite us in the ***.

I would like someone to take the time to put together all the kids who have left here in the past 10 years for "greener pastures" and also all of the kids who flat-out decommitted at some point in the process. Not leans and then went elsewhere, but kids who were Miami Hurricanes, either enrolled and/or committed.

I would venture to bet 85% of them didn't amount to a singular thing. It's insane. It's almost like a curse...once you develop one smidgen of Miami DNA, if you leave the program, you're completely useless. Just some off the top of my head the past 5+ years:

Dionte Mullins (I know the personal issues, I don't care. I'm talking black and white did you go elsewhere and flourish or not)
Jack Allison
Derrick Smiff
Tre McTitties
Kadeem Telfort
Akeem Dent
Jarvis Brownlee
Artur Sitkowski
Lorenzo Lingard
Marquez Ezzard

There's gotta be 50 more. I can't think of a single kid who bounced and turned out to be a really good player. Josh Jobe? I guess he'll play at the next level? CJ Henderson I guess is one. But it's incredible to me about how badly we twist in the wind when kids leave, and then if you fast-forward a year or two, it was all for naught. Almost NONE of these kids come back to bite us in the ***.

Our coaches had some pretty bad evals....I think every single guy you listed was recruited during the Mark Richt era too...

Advertisement
Our coaches had some pretty bad evals....I think every single guy you listed was recruiting during the Mark Richt era too...

Yeah, that list is a perfect example of how far we've fallen from Mount Olympus. I'm usually super forgiving on coaches taking a flyer on a project. But other than Lingard, every single one of those guys was AT BEST a project (Allison and Brownlee). You take 1 or 2 per 20+ class, not the 10+ we were taking.

Most were flat out known G5 guys. Certainly Ezzard, Dent, D Smith. I know Sitkowski started at Rutgers, but he wasn't better than Rosier accuracy wise, and while he had an NFL arm, he had the yips and bad judgment. Should have gone to an FAU level school.

Our best transfers out so far have been Gus Edwards followed by Cager followed Scott Patchan. Not a lot of production.

Jack Allison
Derrick Smiff
Tre McTitties
Kadeem Telfort
Akeem Dent
Jarvis Brownlee
Artur Sitkowski
Lorenzo Lingard
Marquez Ezzard

Jordan Scarlett is a good one with how much everyone cried about losing him lol.

Advertisement

Jack Allison
Derrick Smiff
Tre McTitties
Kadeem Telfort
Akeem Dent
Jarvis Brownlee
Artur Sitkowski
Lorenzo Lingard
Marquez Ezzard

Gus Edwards.

Advertisement
Back