2023 Derrick LeBlanc top 7

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don't agree he'll need 3 Quarters of his college career to get his body right. I do hope they are using the huge Miami Haitian culture to influence the kid and parents. To some culture can be a deciding factor.

Saw this write up on the OU board. I know he said OU was his leader on Saturday. After reading this, it certainly seems like they are pretty entrenched in his recruitment....

Some of the visit notes:

-Leblanc arrived in Norman on Thursday and spent Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday on campus and around the program. Leblanc and his father left OU/OKC around 6:30 pm and arrived back in Orlando around 11 pm

-Leblanc's father told OUinsider, "Man, we really love it in Norman," the father of the big-time 2023 DL told OUinsider. "I am not saying that just say it, or saying it cause I think that is what OU fans want to hear. We genuinely love (Oklahoma), and the atmosphere was amazing. Practices were intense. They really got after it, and we love Coach Todd Bates and Brent Venables a lot. Great guys and coaches."

-The four-star DL's father also told OUinsider, "We will be back to OU for a few more unofficial visits," Ricardo Leblanc said of Derrick's future visit plans to OU. "We will be in Norman from April 22nd through April 25th for the Sooners' spring game, and then we will be back from May 31st through June 5th. Derrick is going to compete at the Sooners' camp, be coached up by Coach Bates, and hang out some more on June 1st and 2nd. Then on June 3rd through June 5th, we will be around for the ChampUBBQ weekend. We haven't set up our official visit yet, but we will soon."

He still plans to announce on July 23rd. The OU writers feel pretty good about where OU stands but do acknowledge Miami and UF cannot be discounted.

Advertisement
Saw this write up on the OU board. I know he said OU was his leader on Saturday. After reading this, it certainly seems like they are pretty entrenched in his recruitment....

Some of the visit notes:

-Leblanc arrived in Norman on Thursday and spent Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday on campus and around the program. Leblanc and his father left OU/OKC around 6:30 pm and arrived back in Orlando around 11 pm

-Leblanc's father told OUinsider, "Man, we really love it in Norman," the father of the big-time 2023 DL told OUinsider. "I am not saying that just say it, or saying it cause I think that is what OU fans want to hear. We genuinely love (Oklahoma), and the atmosphere was amazing. Practices were intense. They really got after it, and we love Coach Todd Bates and Brent Venables a lot. Great guys and coaches."

-The four-star DL's father also told OUinsider, "We will be back to OU for a few more unofficial visits," Ricardo Leblanc said of Derrick's future visit plans to OU. "We will be in Norman from April 22nd through April 25th for the Sooners' spring game, and then we will be back from May 31st through June 5th. Derrick is going to compete at the Sooners' camp, be coached up by Coach Bates, and hang out some more on June 1st and 2nd. Then on June 3rd through June 5th, we will be around for the ChampUBBQ weekend. We haven't set up our official visit yet, but we will soon."

He still plans to announce on July 23rd. The OU writers feel pretty good about where OU stands but do acknowledge Miami and UF cannot be discounted.
All that time in Norman! When does he go to school. I have a close friend that played LB at OU and said knowing what he knows now he would have signed with Miami.

Some of the visit notes:

Read like he was suppose to visit UM again this weekend.

That tells me all I need to know. Reality is that LeBlanc isn’t locked in with UF, he doesn’t know where he is going yet. He likes multiple schools here.
Like i said, these insiders making definitive predictions in March...not a chance. This is the time you battle for recruits. Oh you like that visit, come down here again and check this out. Him visiting OU so many times mean something. Now we have to match that and have him visit as much as well.

Advertisement
They love Norman? Where is LeBlanc originally from again? I know he goes to IMG but where is he from?

That tells me all I need to know. Reality is that LeBlanc isn’t locked in with UF, he doesn’t know where he is going yet. He likes multiple schools here.

Whaaaaat? You mean I can't rely on QueJay's nuggies here? But, but, but, the Chick Fil-a King promised that LeBlanc to the Gaytors was a done deal, and everything else was for show...

All that time in Norman! When does he go to school. I have a close friend that played LB at OU and said knowing what he knows now he would have signed with Miami.

A couple more unofficial visits to Norman? What else is there to see? It's like getting an annual pass to Coral Castle...

Advertisement
Florida kid choosing Oklahoma over every Florida school plus other big dogs? Alrighty 🤣 I think every Florida school chalks it up as a moral victory at that point saying”at least he didn’t go to our rivals”

Florida kid choosing Oklahoma over every Florida school plus other big dogs? Alrighty 🤣 I think every Florida school chalks it up as a moral victory at that point saying”at least he didn’t go to our rivals”
Okie is a good program though. In general they should not compete for a Florida player but the BIG 3 is down and has been. Then you couple that with the fact that Venebles is now the HC, it’s not absurd for a defensive player from the SE to consider them. Like I said though, encouraging update cause it tells us he is open and at the end of the day, I like Mario’s chances here.

I could see him committing to OU over the summer but not sticking there. There DL coach is very highly regarded so it will be a battle.

Okie is a good program though. In general they should not compete for a Florida player but the BIG 3 is down and has been. Then you couple that with the fact that Venebles is now the HC, it’s not absurd for a defensive player from the SE to consider them. Like I said though, encouraging update cause it tells us he is open and at the end of the day, I like Mario’s chances here.
Oklahoma is a great program. Also venebles is a defensive wizard. But Norman Oklahoma makes Tallahassee look like a big city. That doesn’t matter to every kid but you mix that with the fact that there aren’t many Florida players on okies roster and it’s a odd fit. I said the same thing about Moten’s teammate that went there too. Not to mention he’s Haitian 🤣

Advertisement
Back