2023 Derrick LeBlanc top 7

Advertisement
Think we have a shot at Leblanc and Jones. Think Payton is heading to UF. Leblanc has visited a few time and shown some love.

Advertisement
Regardless of who they commit to in July those three Orlando kid are going to still play the game and visits schools and take there OV’s. Just keep getting them on campus and building relationships
Maybe, maybe not. Given how they portray themselves on social media and in front of the recruiting service, cause we dont really know what they are like in their private life, the only one that appears to be trolling is Kirkland. LeBlanc is most likely UF but he hasn't really trolled about it.

I would just say this. The school districts for Jones High School (Malik Bryant) and Dr. Phillips High School (Payton Kirkland) actually border each other, so maybe they grew up together. Not as sure about LeBlanc (Osceola High School), as Osceola is in a different county, but it's not far from Dr. Phillips.

For perspective, the Osceola High school district is a few miles east of Disney World, while the Dr. Phillips school district literally includes Universal Studios Orlando.
Osceola is in Kissimmee fyi. Not close at all.

Someone close to the program, PLEASE tell them to have Bissainthe, Jonathan Vilma, or any other Haitian around this kid. The kid is a Zoe! Talking to him, I don’t get the feeling that anyone leads. But he certainly likes UF, Miami, and OSU. Told him ain’t no Zoes in Columbus or Gainesville and he said “I know 🤦🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Someone close to the program, PLEASE tell them to have Bissainthe, Jonathan Vilma, or any other Haitian around this kid. The kid is a Zoe! Talking to him, I don’t get the feeling that anyone leads. But he certainly likes UF, Miami, and OSU. Told him ain’t no Zoes in Columbus or Gainesville and he said “I know 🤦🏾‍♂️
I think its a UF Miami battle. Also aint no Zoes in Gainesville but its also close to where he lives. People saying UF leads. Am of the belief that alot of these kids are not truly indicating where they are leaning but alot of insiders are putting 2 and 2 together and getn 6. Dissecting words and visits etc.

IMG kids usually stick to their commitment once they pull the trigger. (I know Skinner from last year flipped but I would chalk that up to a coaching change). But ill bet their "flip rate" as a school is pretty low in comparison. Seems like a no nonsense type ship they run over there. If you commit, honor it unless something crazy happens. Otherwise, dont commit at all until you are ready.

IMG kids usually stick to their commitment once they pull the trigger. (I know Skinner from last year flipped but I would chalk that up to a coaching change). But ill bet their "flip rate" as a school is pretty low in comparison. Seems like a no nonsense type ship they run over there. If you commit, honor it unless something crazy happens. Otherwise, dont commit at all until you are ready.
Several kids flipped last cycle but to your point it was Clemson kids flipping due to the DC leaving for OU.

Advertisement
I think its a UF Miami battle. Also aint no Zoes in Gainesville but its also close to where he lives. People saying UF leads. Am of the belief that alot of these kids are not truly indicating where they are leaning but alot of insiders are putting 2 and 2 together and getn 6. Dissecting words and visits etc.
Yep. That’s exactly true. But Gainesville is 2 hours away. Miami is 3.5 hours. Not much of a difference. I’m from Miami, graduated from UF, and now living in Orlando.

I’ll be honest, I wasn’t that high on the kid before, and thought his ranking was overrated, but after watching him in his 1-on-1 workouts… I truly believe he could play on the end.

UF is the Leader as of now....

Advertisement
MIAMI, Fla. - The highest-ranked prospect running around Ives Estates Park during the Under Armour Camp Series was Kissimmee Osceola Top247 defensive lineman Derrick LeBlanc.

The 6-foot-4, 270-pounder is not so subtlety hinting that a school could hold his commitment soon.

“I’m going to just do it,” LeBlanc told InsideTheU on Sunday when asked about a commitment.

As for a timeline, the rising senior isn’t giving out any hints, but there is a group of schools separating themselves at this stage of the process.

Those would be Miami, Florida, Oklahoma, and Penn State. The Hurricanes will get the nation’s No. 12 defensive lineman on campus next month for the third time since December.

“I’m there next month. You know they have [spring practice] on school days, so I’m going to have to miss one and just go over there. I think maybe the 19th,” LeBlanc said.

Joe Salave’a and Mario Cristobal are spearheading that effort with assistant recruiting director Ed Pata and defensive assistant Jake Swalley also involved.

“Coach Joe and the whole staff, they’re really good people. I like them a lot. I mess with them a lot,” LeBlanc said.

Kevin Steele and LeBlanc, who was actually born in Dade County, have also gotten on the phone.

“I talked to him two days ago,” LeBlanc said. “He’s a really good guy. He said, ‘Guys like you upfront we need.’ That’s something I really took. Miami puts d-linemen in the league, so I can’t really count them out. Plus, I’m from around here - Opa Locka.”

LeBlanc has spent more time than most other 2023’s around Mario Cristobal's program. He was one of the first juniors through the door when the former Oregon coach took over at his alma mater.

“He takes the recruiting part very seriously. That’s why he gets all them guys - I really think that’s why. That boy knows how to recruit. He’s a really good guy.

Cristobal is in communication with LeBlanc “all the time.”

“He said, ‘We need you and we need to keep you in state,’” LeBlanc said.

Outside of a visit to Miami, Florida, UCF, and Oklahoma will host this spring. LeBlanc also hinted that the Hurricanes, Sooners, and Nittany Lions are in place to get official visits.
I’ll say Florida as of today. I think once the season hits, and we do well, that will change.

The pundits are just making a guess. The kid doesn't have a leader. He has three schools that he likes alot. Miami, UF, and OSU. No such thing as a leader.
I was told differently from someone very close to the situation.....Osceola has been a UF stronghold throughout the yrs (with FSU a strong #2)....not saying his recruitment is over...just as of right now. I know Central FL HS football....2 close friends are HS Head Coaches there...(one is a former UM Star) I spent a total of 24yrs in Orlando...I'm pretty well versed in that area.

I was told differently from someone very close to the situation.....Osceola has been a UF stronghold throughout the yrs (with FSU a strong #2)....not saying his recruitment is over...just as of right now. I know Central FL HS football....2 close friends are HS Head Coaches there...(one is a former UM Star) I spent a total of 24yrs in Orlando...I'm pretty well versed in that area.
Okay.

Advertisement
Back