2023 Derrick LeBlanc top 7

Bain and LeBlanc committed before April is over book it
Lot of predictions lately on your end. Strictly opinions or educated guesses? Not dinging you, no issue with it either way. Just wanted to know what angle this was coming from

Advertisement
Lot of predictions lately on your end. Strictly opinions or educated guesses? Not dinging you, no issue with it either way. Just wanted to know what angle this was coming from
LeBlanc been hinting at committing already, and Bain its so much working in our favor it's only matter of time

Advertisement
I don’t know about LeBlanc, but I’m pretty sure Kirkland UF did not over take UM. Yes, he loved his visit to UF seeing as He was never considering them. But from I’m getting… they impressed him, but not enough to beat out the ones that he was already heavy on. Miami, Bama, OSU. UGA at one point, but him cancelling his visit to Athens does show he may have backed off. But in the end, I see this being a possible Bama vs Miami battle.

Going to be either a really good day or a really bad day lol. A lot can happen in 4 months though obviously. I felt good about Kirkland and LeBlanc but Bryant not so much.
@1murhurricane put Bryant on same level as Jalen Brown in terms of our traction in his recruitment.

We will be in it for all three IMO.

Advertisement
Ivins Update on all 3:

Orlando (Fla.) Jones five-star linebacker Malik Bryant, Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips Top247 offensive lineman Payton Kirkland and Kissimmee (Fla.) Osceola Top247 defensive lineman Derrick LeBlanc announced Sunday night that they are all planning to announce a commitment July 23rd. Their trainer, Aaron Jones, tells 247Sports that it will be during an event held in Orlando and that details are still being finalized.

Bryant is the nation's No. 2-ranked linebacker per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. He was planning to attend a Junior Day at Alabama this weekend, but ended up not making it up to Tuscaloosa. Kirkland is the nation's No. 18-ranked offensive tackle per 247Sports. He was at Florida on Saturday as was LeBlanc, who checks in as the nation's No. 11 defensive lineman.

It's unclear if all three plan to pick the same school, but it sounds like that's certainly a possibility. And if that's indeed the case, then there are two schools that appear to be in a more favorable position with the trio than others right now: Florida and Miami. Back in January, all three spent time in Gainesville. They also all attended UM's Elite Underclassmen Day and LeBlanc said Sunday night in a text message that both he and Kirkland will return to Coral Gables this upcoming weekend for another unofficial visit.

Of course, package deals often times don't workout, which means that all three could be making a decision independently, and that brings plenty of other schools into play. Bryant has indicated in the past that he's also high on both Alabama and Georgia. Kirkland, on the other hand, says he has set up an official visit with UGA for the weekend of April 15 and has mentioned that he wants to see Ohio State this spring. The Buckeyes are also involved with LeBlanc, although some connected to the recruitment think that Oklahoma might be the out-of-state program that has the best chance of pulling LeBlanc away from the Sunshine State and have noted that UCF is doing a nice job of also recruiting LeBlanc.

Bryant spent the past two years at IMG Academy. He should be viewed as a front-seven defender that can get after the quarterback and will likely excels as a stand-up edge rusher in a 3-4 look. Kirkland has spent the past two seasons working at left tackle. He's a big body with some functional athleticism that is a solid drive blocker at this stage in his development. LeBlanc is full of upside and could do a variety of different things up front depending on how his lanky frame fills out. He totaled eight sacks as a junior.

3 of our targets committing in the same day?
Going to be either a really good day or a really bad day lol. A lot can happen in 4 months though obviously. I felt good about Kirkland and LeBlanc but Bryant not so much.

It's a multi-kid announcement ceremony but I'm not buying everyone thinking there is a package deal going on. I bet they split up. Maybe even three ways.

Advertisement
I agree. Close to 0% chance all three sign with same school. It simply never happens like that.
I agree 100%…..BUT it is also very interesting and uncommon that 3 kids from different high schools and even living in different parents of the country are making an announcement at the same time. I do wonder why they would not each want their own announcement. All are highly rated and would receive all the attention they could hope for, which is what most kids seem to want. Me, me, me.
I can’t think of something like this before. Does it mean something? Probably not, but just maybe it does.

Advertisement

More importantly has anyone good in college ever come outta there?

Genuinely curious
Brett Williams was a tackle who went to fs poo started all four years. Drafted in 4th round. Bobby sippio was player of the year in arena a few times. They always have good players miami hasn’t recruited the central Florida area well under the previous staffs. I’m hoping Mario will hit that area harder.

My only concern is do you want to be this kids first commitment, he’s said he is committing but still taking visits and going through the process. Very few high profile DL commit early and shut down the process.
Yes. I get your point, but how can having him committed be a bad thing? Yeah, he’ll still take his visits and you might lose him, but it’s easier to hold a kid than to pry him away from somebody else.

Imagine the recruiting momentum if all 3 of these guys or even 2 of them pick us. I expect Bain and Jalen Brown to pull the trigger soon as well.

Yup. And when you commit in July before you even see the product on the field in 2022 doesn't mean ish.
Remember, this is the "bump" class. So unless we completely **** the bed and go 6-6 or 7-5..I dont think record will play a huge part in this years class. Rarely does in the bump class. Kids either have bought into the changes and understand there could be a slight downtick in year 1 of a new coaches regime or they probably wouldnt have come even if we had went 12-0.

I hate to keep using Saban's first year at Bama as a measuring stick but the bump class in 2008 after he had that horrendous start and a losing record in 2007 was the #1 class in the country.

Advertisement
Back