Derrick Henry

Meh...he wants to play tailback and almost nobody is willing to have him play there. Bama, FSU, and Tennessee are about the only schools still selling him that dream. Kid is a freak athlete with no position, he **** sure ain't a tailback. Whatever school he plays for he'll have to learn a new position...most likely LB or DE and by the time he learns it his eligibility may be almost done.

I think you may selling him a little short here. Yes he will have to learn a new position, but if he dedicates himself to it from day 1 he will have a great chance to contribute. Especially if he decides he wants to be a TE or H-back. Kid is already big enough, great with the ball in his hands, he could be an animal at TE.

Advertisement
Meh...he wants to play tailback and almost nobody is willing to have him play there. Bama, FSU, and Tennessee are about the only schools still selling him that dream. Kid is a freak athlete with no position, he **** sure ain't a tailback. Whatever school he plays for he'll have to learn a new position...most likely LB or DE and by the time he learns it his eligibility may be almost done.

UGA is also telling him they will play him at TB. If he picks Bama, i think Saban turns him into a rush OLB.

I think you may selling him a little short here. Yes he will have to learn a new position, but if he dedicates himself to it from day 1 he will have a great chance to contribute. Especially if he decides he wants to be a TE or H-back. Kid is already big enough, great with the ball in his hands, he could be an animal at TE.

Like you said, if he goes to work right away at a new position he could be very productive. If he wastes a year or 2 at RB then changes, hes effed....

He's got plenty of time to learn a new position if he commits to it from day one.

Jerry Hughes was a RB in high school, and Gary Patterson turned him into a first-round DE.

Advertisement
He might not be a RB but he is a beast no matter what. He has off the charts size/athleticism, especially for a young guy.

He might not be a RB but he is a beast no matter what. He has off the charts size/athleticism, especially for a young guy.

That's why I think you go after him hard and hope he decides to play a different position. If not he may develop into a power back like B. Jacobs or L. Blount. With that kind of talent you take a chance on the kid.

I saw him at my gym the other day sporting nothing but red and black so i was suprised when I heard about the decommitment. I really think this kid should move to tight end. Would be straight unstoppable. He's extremely long for the rb position. I really don't think he weighs 240 though.

Advertisement
If he has an attitude that he wants to just play rb, Golden won't take him.Our coaching staff loves to move guys around and get the best 22 on the field.

Advertisement
Bama has the best situation in my opinion in regards to Henry. Tell him he will play RB and if he signs they move him to OLB. If he doesn't like it. He transfers and they won't miss him with the depth they already have.

Bama has the best situation in my opinion in regards to Henry. Tell him he will play RB and if he signs they move him to OLB. If he doesn't like it. He transfers and they won't miss him with the depth they already have.

I think whatever team signs him will have to give him a legitimate shot to play RB. And if he can be like M. Bush he could be a beast at RB. I personally would love to see him at TE. Kid is already the size of most college TE's and is dangerous with the ball in his hands. He could be downright unstoppable.

Advertisement
You can check him out tonight at 7 pm on FOXSportsFlorida.com's Prep Zone page. Live web stream of Yulee vs. Gainesville High School.

najeh davenport style back? Davenport was a standout RB in HS...came to UM and had a **** of a career as a fb/h-back

he is sort of similar to najeh speed wise...were the speed creeps up on you. Najeh ran with a lower pad level though.

Kid is an hback/te type imo...he has soft hands and acually runs good routes...hes been doing all the 7 n 7 stuff for years and they line him up out there from time to time and he looks good.

Hes not that "stiff" for a tall kid..but imo if he were to hit a college program..and play the hback...get a few carries here and there he'll be nice...sort of like the guy the dolphins have who randy recruited Clay(cant remember first name)

Sometimes I just think these kids r plum dumb. All of these kids who want to play rb and go to the NFL are crazy. RBs have the shortest careers because of the pouding they take. And the funny part is, they arent one of the highest paid positions. Pass rushing DE's and OLB's who can pressure the qb are the most sought after players in the NFL besides franchise qb's and elite cover corners. An elite DE will make more money and have a longer career in the league than a top RB. If my son tells me he wants to be a runnng back ima whip his *** every time he says it. These kids just dont get it.

Advertisement
Back