Derrick Harmon - DT MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct.
But how good is he?
I’m not a talent evaluator.
If he was all we needed and we had the money then fine.
You mentioned Clemson. Is he at that level?
Is he a Christian Wilkins, Dexter Lawrence level DT?
If he is then I can see the desire to throw the kitchen sink. I’m not a talent evaluator so I’m not gonna speculate how good he is.

I see he’s going to Oregon and left USC without committing.

Would not be surprised one bit if he actually came back and visited after all the other nil offers.
I think Coach Mario knows what he’s got in the chamber with Artavious Jones and Justin Scott who’s still to graduate. But if Mario ain’t throwing the sink at him it’s for a reason and I think Artavious is going to eat a little. He is going to be a Super Monster!! He’s ( Nasty! ) what Marcus Forston wasn’t! But truly hoping he does come and visits.

Advertisement
I think Coach Mario knows what he’s got in the chamber with Artavious Jones and Justin Scott who’s still to graduate. But if Mario ain’t throwing the sink at him it’s for a reason and I think Artavious is going to eat a little. He is going to be a Super Monster!! He’s ( Nasty! ) what Marcus Forston wasn’t! But truly hoping he does come and visits.
AJ and The chi town dude have some serious potential. AJ was my favorite recruit.

But I’m done projecting. We have to stop thinking that any freshman is just gonna come take a spot. Especially now.

The better your team is then the harder it is to have a freshman take a spot or even see the field.

A freshman at any position on an elite team doesn’t start too often. Especially dt.

They can start out of necessity sure. But to tell a starting senior or junior to sit the fck down is very difficult.

Fitzpatrick and PS2 at Bama.
Tyler Davis at Clemson already broke career starts by a defensive freshman as well as defensive player at that school.

Compare that to Xavier Thomas who looked all world in high school and did contribute some as a freshman and even dominated at times.
Ended up as a 5th rounder. Despite the “Clemson dline development”
Projecting is very difficult.

Let’s temper expectations while still being hyped about our incoming freshman.

AJ and The chi town dude have some serious potential. AJ was my favorite recruit.

But I’m done projecting. We have to stop thinking that any freshman is just gonna come take a spot. Especially now.

The better your team is then the harder it is to have a freshman take a spot or even see the field.

A freshman at any position on an elite team doesn’t start too often. Especially dt.

They can start out of necessity sure. But to tell a starting senior or junior to sit the fck down is very difficult.

Tyler Davis at Clemson already broke career starts by a defensive freshman as well as defensive player at that school.

Compare that to Xavier Thomas who looked all world in high school and did contribute some as a freshman and even dominated at times.

So yeah Barrows😶‍🌫️ Ooorah!!!

Nobody knows what you have in the chamber until you pull the trigger. They might both bust or they could be the next coming of Jerome Brown and Russel Maryland. Relying on true frosh to play a man’s position is a recipe for disaster.

Ohio St, Oregon, Colorado, USC, Michigan St
That's a very surprising list imo. IDK if the southern schools just didn't try as hard, or he just really wants to be on the west coast, or what...
Like with how much we are willing to spend, And I assume Texas and LSU are in that same range as us, there is zero chance Colorado is in that ballpark. I can see USC/Oregon/tOSU as comp for sure. He OVed to osu and oregon back in december when he first entered.

I'd guess USC.

Advertisement

In a few years we won’t be having this discussion. At that point we will have at minimum 2 top ten and 2 top five classes. People keep talking about talent…it’s about talent, but it’s about 3rd 4th and 5th year talent. Not talent that’s been out of high school essentially one calendar year.

Interesting... This is apparently the story MSU has given their subscribers to 247....

Regarding the mention by On3 that Harmon hasn't ruled out MSU, that is true.

However, he still should not expect a raise. If he wants to come back because the funny money Miami offered him to enter the portal was no longer there after they landed 5-6 other portal guys and doesn't like USC's offer enough - and is willing to come back at his old sum - he can come back.

Interesting... This is apparently the story MSU has given their subscribers to 247....

However, he still should not expect a raise. If he wants to come back because the funny money Miami offered him to enter the portal was no longer there after they landed 5-6 other portal guys and doesn't like USC's offer enough - and is willing to come back at his old sum - he can come back.
I have to admit, I'm smug af being sat on the other end of this conversation for once.

Advertisement

lol at thinking we ran out of money

Lmao. We gave him a set price just like we did everyone else. USC was used a leverage and we said “ehh we’ll look elsewhere”…that ain’t funny money. That’s how you conduct business. Sorry, not sorry.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back