Derrick Harmon - DT MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pray for the day that in 2024 and beyond, we can stop linking coaches to a program that they were associated with 2+ seasons ago. Please, for the love of God, especially in the portal era.

Oregon/Lanning is good because of what MC did before he got there.

We suck because we still have too much Manny stinch.

View attachment 288676

This narrative, by FAR, outside of us being 12-13 in the past 2 years, is the most annoying **** on this board, easily.
Your side of the coin can just as easily be dismissed as being a "narrative" - just, a negative one. There are always grey areas, mitigating factors... That you choose to dismiss them as mere "excuses" doesn't make them go away. The first two years, especially, are rather dependent on what's in the cupboard.

That said - yes, it's year 3 (almost). Time to put up or shut up.

Advertisement
This hurts
This is the Dt we needed
The difference between top 4 and top 20
Now I have to keep trying to convince myself that his teammate is just as good when there is a clear drop off

how can Mario land game changers this year in hs
But he keeps just landing jags through the portal
our portal dt list
moultrie
Lichtenstein
Dean
Gore
Clark
West
That is not a championship level group

Something just doesn’t add up

This hurts
This is the Dt we needed
The difference between top 4 and top 20
Now I have to keep trying to convince myself that his teammate is just as good when there is a clear drop off

how can Mario land game changers this year in hs
But he keeps just landing jags through the portal
our portal dt list
moultrie
Lichtenstein
Dean
Gore
Clark
West
That is not a championship level group

Something just doesn’t add up
Because you’re not going to get championship level linemen in the portal. Nolen was a 1 in a million type ****. I also don’t know where you’re getting a drop off between Barrow and Harmon. The only real difference is that Harmon is def a NT.

Advertisement
Oregon had the most talented team in the PAC 12, lost to Washington twice

Oregon had the most talented team in the Pac12 in 2021,and lost to Utah twice, including getting smoked in the conference title game (and also losing to a 3 win Stanford team in the regular season). UW was the national championship runner up this year . I don’t think Utah finished in the top 10 in 2021. Lanning ran one of the most dominant defenses in cfb so he knows his Xs and Os . He’s a really good coach .

Because you’re not going to get championship level linemen in the portal. Nolen was a 1 in a million type ****. I also don’t know where you’re getting a drop off between Barrow and Harmon. The only real difference is that Harmon is def a NT.
And that’s exactly what this defense needed
A legit nt
We have absolutely no one with the size of Harmon on this team
esp after Jackson left
we haven’t had anyone close to this size

Advertisement
A legit nt
esp after Jackson left
Teams are going to have to throw the ball more vs running the ball this year vs Miami. That means Harmon is less valuable than you think. Our offense is going to force them to. Other than that, maybe Moten steps up. He is 325 lbs. Another year in the S&C may have him taking on and withstanding double teams.

Reactions: jsy
Teams are going to have to throw the ball more vs running the ball this year vs Miami. That means Harmon is less valuable than you think. Our offense is going to force them to. Other than that, maybe Moten steps up. He is 325 lbs. Another year in the S&C may have him taking on and withstanding double teams.
Or they just run the ball for 8 minute drives
I hope you’re right
hopefully some more dudes come into the portal soon

Advertisement
We have big guys on the edge like Bain and messidor who both are 280 so that helps. Then pair that with 2 DTs that are 290-300 and that d-line is one of the biggest in cfb

Advertisement
If MC had landed Harmon, how many hours would that have shut you up for? What's dem real rulez?
Screenshot_20240501_221735_Samsung Internet.jpg

A legit nt
esp after Jackson left
Yea we did need a big DT, I dont trust Cane fan sites cause everytime they say the guy we got is better and that doesnt seem true to me. The one thing I know is true is that this dude is better than JHH. That I know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back