Derrick Harmon - DT MSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I suggest you brothers find internet Jesus and squash before the feds come..aka MAudEs

****-****-stirrer.gif
steve-urkel-family-matters.gif
IMG_5159.jpeg

Advertisement
And you know I’m a big big Mario fan. **** I think I was the only one on this board defending him after Georgia Tech, I’m bought in that he’s the right coach to lead us back and I stand behind that. And I feel like we need to support him with NIL and such to help him get the players he thinks he needs.

But I’m also super competitive and want to win, and figuring out DT is an important key piece of making that happen. I would bet Mario sees it the same way.

Also god**** it, this is Miami. It doesn’t look like Miami without elite DT’s. Harmon is no Russell Maryland, **** he’s no Vince Wilfork, but dammit great DT play is in our DNA and it’s what we’re supposed to look like. Not ****ting on our current players but we need someone there who can be a grown *** man and a wrecking ball to allow our elite DEs to eat and take some pressure off the back end of the defense
The fact you defended Mario after Ga Tech goes to show how big of a slapdick you really are

Advertisement
I won’t start worrying until we start seeing boards posts claiming for an offensive lineman to switch to DL.

If I see “Why not have Frankie Tinilau play some nose tackle” then I know we’re absolutely ****ed. Thankfully Sagopolu transferred cuz we might have already gotten there with him by tonight

Advertisement
But you said:

"Fail if NIL didn’t step up imo."

And I said it wasn't a fail.

These recruits have lots of options and lots of considerations. A coach can't just point his finger and say "I want him and him and him". It's a two-way street.

I'd love to enroll this kid, but it's not a failure on UM's part.
He’s the “must get or fail” sausage king of Chicago

Ferris Buellers Day Off GIF

Advertisement
All we need is ONE of those, but we do need a big body for versatility, matchups, and changing the game with a sub.

Agree we only need 1 plug that can generate some interior push, assuming Moten is still on roster. We also need a 3 tech.

I think we need a NT in the portal. However if we landed Barrow and not Harmon, we still are improved relative to pre-spring, because imo he is an upgrade over JHH who is possibly better against pass, but is worse against run.

we just still need a NT that can play at least like 200+ snaps on early downs for our run D.
It has been a real struggle trying to land 1 technique type DT’s here for some reason. Clark was forced into the role at NC State just like Taylor was here last year.

Harmon would have been a spectacular addition and would have made others roles easier. I am still holding out hope for improvement from both Horton and Moten, and maybe Scott and Artavious come in more ready than typical freshman. Maybe Mario still finds a way to get a 1 technique through the portal.

Last edited:
I don’t believe 1 DT will make or break our season. A QB yes (and Mario has that covered). I’m confident Guidry can scheme around any 1 “deficiency” as he did last year when we had several guys on IR.

I don’t think it will make or break our season but it can be an issue in conference championship/playoff games. I think a lot of what they did this weekend will help mitigate that but still need to bring in Barrow and maybe another lesser DT along with another CB (Johnson) and we’re really cooking. Overall much better than I anticipated them doing in Spring portal.

From the USC 247 board (one of their mods)

It's been on the board, but Harmon is not going to visit Miami anymore. A USC source told me last night "We feel really good" about his recruitment. Harmon did visit Colorado over the weekend and I'm told Ohio State is another team to watch in his recruitment. Oregon and Florida State are also lurking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back