Derrick Griffin

These kids love feeling important. Somebody wanted him in Miami so he'll retweet it so everyone can see how important he is. It's an annoying habit with these kids but it's not a big deal. Definitely wish him the best. Gifted beyond belief but, iirc, he needs to invest all of his time in the classroom for now just so he can go somewhere and get some tape put together.

I work w college kids in the weightroom and the first thing we have to do with them is humble them. The recruiting process and all the hype they get now a days has them feeling like a king when they walk through those doors. It ruins some of them before they ever get started, unfortunately.

Advertisement
I think Derrick is showing love, wish all the best success to that kid

Jokes aside, the kid seems classy despite a seemingly tough homelife and apparently still shows UM love even after it appears he'll never step foot on campus. He looked like a beast in 2 sports coming out so here's a kid I have no problem wishing well to even if he's never a Cane. Some of y'all should remember that when "hometown heroes" clown us on NSD and (even worse) when they come back here to play.

Advertisement
Back