D'Eriq King is even better than we could've imagined.

Advertisement
I think he shows that down the line. We all know he's been holding back, probably to try to iron out issues in the passing game first.

Personally, I hope the FSU game is where he cuts loose and runs for 150, while throwing for 250 on 14-19 passes. Other backs also account for 170+. That's before being taken out in the 3rd quarter, up 52-0.

I can dream.
I am Uthe1 @ CANES INSIGHT AND I SUPPORT THIS POST⬆️ :machinegun: 🍢FSU

Thing is, King is not the only QB to look good in a Lashlee system. Everywhere he goes the O improves. I don't think King himself has come close to reaching his potential in this O, yet. When he does it will be deadly. When King leaves and TVD comes in, after learning the system for a full year, he will look good as well. King is super talented, but is not the only guy that can run this system.

We've just had so many bad QBs playing in so many bad systems for so long that we all forgot what a good QB looks like in a good system while wearing orange and green.

Agree, but what he did in game 2 with all new teammates, in a new system, with limited practice time takes a special player.

He made it look effortless. Just imagine him in game 8 or game 12.

Gonna be awesome to watch.

We knew he was a baller.

I think he is being told not to run or keep the ball so much by the staff.

Those zone reads have been there for him every time. But he’s not keeping them.

Either they are saving that for better opponents or they don’t want to risk injury and I lean towards Diaz/Lashlee going with the latter

He might keep some zone reads vs Clemson but that’s it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Last week I posted a breakdown of King's impressive passing efficiency against UAB. In that game, 43% of King's passing attempts resulted in a 1st down or a TD. Against Louisville, King was simply phenomenal. 13 of his 18 completions resulted in a 1st down or a TD. He also had 4 attempts wiped out by penalty. On 3 of those 4 attempts we picked up a 1st down. So out of 34 attempts, almost 50% resulted in a 1st down or a TD. That's insane. If you factor in that he had at least two other passes that would have been either a 1st down or a TD (Pope, and Harley at the goalline) then he should've been at 18 of 34. That's 53%

I posted this last week. I think most people would agree that Joe Burrow vs Oklahoma is possibly the most dominant performance by a QB in college football history. In that game, 21 of Burrow's 39 attempts went for a 1st down or a TD. That's 53%.

We're ******* going undefeated this season fellas.
Yes he is, Mr. Luger. (j/k)
I am excited for how far him, Lashlee and this O can go.

I think he shows that down the line. We all know he's been holding back, probably to try to iron out issues in the passing game first.

Personally, I hope the FSU game is where he cuts loose and runs for 150, while throwing for 250 on 14-19 passes. Other backs also account for 170+. That's before being taken out in the 3rd quarter, up 52-0.

I can dream.
You spelled Clemson incorrectly.

You spelled Clemson incorrectly.
That might be the ONLY game where I'd be thrilled with a 2-0 win, with King going 0-25, 5 INTs, and -60 yards rushing. I know I have railed on about the importance of looking good in wins, but that's against scrubs that we have been struggling with. I'd take any win over Clemson. If 1-0 was possible, I'd take it.

Advertisement
We knew he was a baller.

I think he is being told not to run or keep the ball so much by the staff.

Those zone reads have been there for him every time. But he’s not keeping them.

Either they are saving that for better opponents or they don’t want to risk injury and I lean towards Diaz/Lashlee going with the former.

He might keep some zone reads vs Clemson but that’s it.
I’ve been wondering about this too. There were several plays on Saturday night where it was clear that he could’ve ripped off a long run if he had kept it instead of leaving it in the RB’s belly. As experienced as he is, I have to think that was by design.

That might be the ONLY game where I'd be thrilled with a 2-0 win, with King going 0-25, 5 INTs, and -60 yards rushing. I know I have railed on about the importance of looking good in wins, but that's against scrubs that we have been struggling with. I'd take any win over Clemson. If 1-0 was possible, I'd take it.
Yup, don't matter at all how ugly, as long as it's a W.

Tbh he’s slightly less dynamic in the run game (in terms of acceleration and straight line speed) from what I imagined but plenty dynamic enough to demand a spy every down.

Way better arm and decision maker than I could have imagined. True pick your poison type player
Don't think we've come close to seeing the full potential of his ability in the run game. He's very fast.

Tbh he’s slightly less dynamic in the run game (in terms of acceleration and straight line speed) from what I imagined but plenty dynamic enough to demand a spy every down.

Way better arm and decision maker than I could have imagined. True pick your poison type player
Teams are selling out to stop the run - just look at the Knighton TD reception.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve been wondering about this too. There were several plays on Saturday night where it was clear that he could’ve ripped off a long run if he had kept it instead of leaving it in the RB’s belly. As experienced as he is, I have to think that was by design.
This. But we are going to need it against more than Clemson. there will be close games this season where the quarterback will need to run and the kicker will need to make kicks. I'm confident both will be successful. Go Canes!!

I'm ecstatic of his game and he stood in the pocket and delivered missiles to the receivers. The O is finally clicking, after all these years, because we finally have a field general at the helm, Lashlee, and a QB who CAN deliver. And they're only going to get better as the season goes on.
I'm feeling real good! Now we need to stomp fswho with no remorse, like they delivered to us many times when we were down.... but we were never out!! We ARE the definition of true champions! The Miami Hurricanes

Advertisement
Back