D'Eriq King is even better than we could've imagined.

Moonman

иди нахуй
Last week I posted a breakdown of King's impressive passing efficiency against UAB. In that game, 43% of King's passing attempts resulted in a 1st down or a TD. Against Louisville, King was simply phenomenal. 13 of his 18 completions resulted in a 1st down or a TD. He also had 4 attempts wiped out by penalty. On 3 of those 4 attempts we picked up a 1st down. So out of 34 attempts, almost 50% resulted in a 1st down or a TD. That's insane. If you factor in that he had at least two other passes that would have been either a 1st down or a TD (Pope, and Harley at the goalline) then he should've been at 18 of 34. That's 53%

I posted this last week. I think most people would agree that Joe Burrow vs Oklahoma is possibly the most dominant performance by a QB in college football history. In that game, 21 of Burrow's 39 attempts went for a 1st down or a TD. That's 53%.

We're ******* going undefeated this season fellas.

Advertisement
Maybe some underestimated him but many have been screaming all offseason how he scored 50 tds in like ten Games and all his numbers put him in upper echelon of qbs.. has records guys like Tebow held.. dude was a superstar just at a smaller school n platform.. Riley said there wasn’t 5 better qbs than him or something like that in the country..

Those who know, know what’s up.. just like us sitting in pro style purgatory for a decade too long while smaller schools had exciting brand of football and made football look easy

Advertisement
Last week I posted a breakdown of King's impressive passing efficiency against UAB. In that game, 43% of King's passing attempts resulted in a 1st down or a TD. Against Louisville, King was simply phenomenal. 13 of his 18 completions resulted in a 1st down or a TD. He also had 4 attempts wiped out by penalty. On 3 of those 4 attempts we picked up a 1st down. So out of 34 attempts, almost 50% resulted in a 1st down or a TD. That's insane. If you factor in that he had at least two other passes that would have been either a 1st down or a TD (Pope, and Harley at the goalline) then he should've been at 18 of 34. That's 53%

I posted this last week. I think most people would agree that Joe Burrow vs Oklahoma is possibly the most dominant performance by a QB in college football history. In that game, 21 of Burrow's 39 attempts went for a 1st down or a TD. That's 53%.

We're ******* going undefeated this season fellas.
Honestly, I was switching stations watching something else which can't be mentioned so I did not see every play, but what I saw was very surprisingly good. I did not have the high expectations that many had because I am just frigging fed up with being disappointed. Did seem that there wer many big plays that mattered and that reminded me of some distant memories -- as a Cane those are mostly really good. Your stats arre telling -- look like this time we got the real goods but I have to keeps my hopes low. I did get to see my Carol City boy take it to the frigging house - did not know the big boy could run that fast. That was very sweet.

No, he's not. He's exactly as good as many people tried to tell this board all summer.

I have a sneaking suspicion many of you listened to rivals try and downplay this kid's talent. He's too small, he's not a good enough passer, he quit on his team, they went 1-3 last year before he shut it down, blah blah blah. If you got fooled by all that, that's your problem. The people here smart enough to really watch football understood what he did in 2018 was absurd, and one of the best seasons in the history of the sport. He didn't just forget how to play over the last 2 years as he matured as a person and athlete. He's legitimately one of the best quarterbacks in the country, no matter how badly FSU and gator fans want to tell you he isn't.

Advertisement
It was stunning to watch basically the same team look so completely different offensively.

Lash is a big part of it, but this dramatic change doesn’t happen without King.
Thing is, King is not the only QB to look good in a Lashlee system. Everywhere he goes the O improves. I don't think King himself has come close to reaching his potential in this O, yet. When he does it will be deadly. When King leaves and TVD comes in, after learning the system for a full year, he will look good as well. King is super talented, but is not the only guy that can run this system.

We've just had so many bad QBs playing in so many bad systems for so long that we all forgot what a good QB looks like in a good system while wearing orange and green.

Advertisement
Win or lose (and I think we'll win a helluva lot more than lose) I'm just going to enjoy watching King play. Add in the RB trio and the TE duo and it's going to be a lot of fun.

Advertisement
Tbh he’s slightly less dynamic in the run game (in terms of acceleration and straight line speed) from what I imagined but plenty dynamic enough to demand a spy every down.

Way better arm and decision maker than I could have imagined. True pick your poison type player

Last year’s team loses that game. We went on runs early due in large part to 3rd and long conversions. When the heck did that happen last year or in recent memory. So cool to think that we aren’t even maximizing our potential yet.

Facts and King was doing it this game without having to run to convert for a first down. Scary thing is he’s equally capable of running for a first down in that situation
I think he shows that down the line. We all know he's been holding back, probably to try to iron out issues in the passing game first.

Personally, I hope the FSU game is where he cuts loose and runs for 150, while throwing for 250 on 14-19 passes. Other backs also account for 170+. That's before being taken out in the 3rd quarter, up 52-0.

I can dream.

Advertisement
Back