2023 Derek Williams 2023 Safety

Advertisement
Steele's star position is a nickel. He's said it over and over. That's why Couch played this year and Frierson didn't. There was no striker. James Williams is not a nickel and will not be playing star in this defense.

As for Derek Williams, I would take him as D$'s surprise over the next week.

That’s correct - star in this defense is a nickel.

Steele's star position is a nickel. He's said it over and over. That's why Couch played this year and Frierson didn't. There was no striker. James Williams is not a nickel and will not be playing star in this defense.

I always wondered how J Williams would look at TE. 6’5 230 moves great for his size. LB would not go well imo. If safety doesn’t work out, might as well give it a run at TE.

Back to my point. JW0 can likely play SAM and Star. Thus allowing Steele to play a base D most of the game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
J Williams at LB could happen , not sure how I feel about that but it’s very possible.
Should put him at edge if we’re gonna change his position imo. Him even being able to play safety at 6’5/6’6 at any D1 school is insane. He’s agile and can bend with long arms, will take time for him to be good but I think putting him vs the least athletic players on offense can end up being great if he commits to it. He was a really good blitzer last year too

Texas commit and New Iberia (La.) Westgate Top247 safety Derek Williams was a defensive back prospect Miami was really high on early in the process.

The Hurricanes got the nation’s No. 4 safety on campus for an unofficial visit back in April and took just one summer official visit to Austin before giving Steve Sarkisian and the Longhorns his pledge.

“I loved it. It was a new experience. It was my first time in Miami. I loved it,” Williams told InsideTheU following the visit.”

It sounds like the 6-foot-2, 185-pounder is going to give some others a look before signing on the dotted line and Miami is well positioned to get the second-highest rated player in The Boot back down to Coral Gables at some point next month if he were to follow through with those.

One source told InsideTheU this week that Miami was “heating him up” which essentially means making a push here in the race towards the Early Signing Period next month.

Texas commit and New Iberia (La.) Westgate Top247 safety Derek Williams was a defensive back prospect Miami was really high on early in the process.

The Hurricanes got the nation’s No. 4 safety on campus for an unofficial visit back in April and took just one summer official visit to Austin before giving Steve Sarkisian and the Longhorns his pledge.

“I loved it. It was a new experience. It was my first time in Miami. I loved it,” Williams told InsideTheU following the visit.”

It sounds like the 6-foot-2, 185-pounder is going to give some others a look before signing on the dotted line and Miami is well positioned to get the second-highest rated player in The Boot back down to Coral Gables at some point next month if he were to follow through with those.

One source told InsideTheU this week that Miami was “heating him up” which essentially means making a push here in the race towards the Early Signing Period next month.
Oh ****

Advertisement
I always wondered how J Williams would look at TE. 6’5 230 moves great for his size. LB would not go well imo. If safety doesn’t work out, might as well give it a run at TE.
At TE?

Dan Marino Holy Shit GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back