Derek Stingley is the best CB in CFB

Advertisement
Our DBs have a hard time staying in phase and preventing separation. You want them to look for the ball when they can't even cover with their eyes on the receiver?

Only the best corners can cover and have the skills and confidence to find the football. Blades can cover with his length and technique but isn't athletic enough to also play the ball.
Short answer: yes. People also complain that Stingley gets beat alot but I'll take that any day if it can lead to getting 5ints for a season. But yeah, Blades is athletic enough, his main problem is footwork/balance. He's always falling during plays.

Again looking at that laundry list of guys he went against...there is probably 2 nfl wrs on that list and they all got yards on him.

He's good...good as **** for a freshman...but yall need to stop hyping up ninjas to a level they arent. He will get the hype from now on ..follows from recruiting...and now the fact that he is at LSU which is known for the dbs. Maybe its because i watched 3 games where he gave up tds i dont know?. I'm impressed as ****..but thinking he is some out of this world prospect....NO. I mean i am a fan of um and seen our dbs when we were rolling.

600 yards given up and 5 tds? People hype who they want to hype up and that’s the truth
D21E70A3-EB95-40BE-A4A9-59A1036F56FB.jpeg

Short answer: yes. People also complain that Stingley gets beat alot but I'll take that any day if it can lead to getting 5ints for a season. But yeah, Blades is athletic enough, his main problem is footwork/balance. He's always falling during plays.

That is athleticism. Blades doesn't have the body control and flexibility to cover and play the ball.

Advertisement
Stingley is good because he does what every other cornerback refuses to do: to turn and look at the ball as it approaches. Just about every other corner refuses to turn around an look at the ball while it closes in. I mean, they think it's like staring directly at the sun or something. If cornerbacks would turn their head and look at the ball, there would be at least 10 INT's every game.

Probably the only db to give up 200 yards plus in a game too this season. I cant Get that performance vs bama and they way uf attacked him with van Jefferson coming out of the 1st half out of my head. He was beat some in other games too but he’s good no doubt , but some going overboard with the hype imo

EXACTLY. Those were 2 games i watched.....and the 2 best teams with wrs he faced and they shredded him. Kid will be a beast for 2 more years...but he definately aint the best cb in the country

Advertisement
It ain't even close, the best CB in the nation...

Especially considering how high his upside is, guaranteed 1st round draft pick in 2 years.

You got to do something against the real good talent to be the best. The beat wrs he played against he gave up **** near 200+to both.

He very well maybe down the line..definately not this year though.

Advertisement
Stingley was far from the best CB in cfb. That doesn't mean he won't be great. He'll be a top 10 / top 5 pick his junior year. But this year, no, he wasn't. He was beaten badly on multiple occasions this year and D Smith absolutely killed him.

And people, stop posting PFF stats, especially college. They're so bad now that they've grown so big.

He completely shut down his side of the field yesterday. It's rare that a team has a first round CB who got picked on cause it was a better option than going at a freshman.

Its criminal that he has to stay in college two more years. He looked NFL ready yesterday

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back