Derek Stingley is the best CB in CFB

No cb that gave up 200 yds ina game himself can be the best.

And like someone else stated..i seen uf actually try to attack him.

He's gonna be really really good. Only gave up 5 tds this year. lol
People don’t watch all the games when they say stuff and just go with the hype

Advertisement
Peter Lugar is no longer great. Getting by on hype and rep, like Miami football
It’s still better than chicken sht.
It’s easy to be awesome when you keep getting top rated db’s in your class that have all the tools to work with.

He's a freshman and that game was against a 1st/2nd Round WR.

Would wager that never happens again and is probably forever going to be his motivation...but watch Justyn Ross or Tee Higgins make him look like Patrick Surtain - just silly - in the championship game just so you can bump this post. heh.

The numbers say he was the best, even with that horrendous game. So, how good must this kid have been the rest of the season? He's better than anyone draft eligible - Jeff Okudah being the best. So I am not sure who you think would be better right now then this kid.

If he were in this draft, I would put that money he'd be the second non-QB taken behind Chase Young.
Ps2 was getting owned by Renfrow when he was a freshman in the title game. Dudes expect nfl ready from day one just cause a dude is a 5 star.

Advertisement
Our DBs aren’t taught to look back because it’s legal to face guard in cfb. They are trained to watch the receivers eyes and when they go to catch it then try to strip it incomplete.That’s a Manny Diaz philosophy not Rumph.
Saban teaches the same philosophy..a lot of DB coaches do. Most CBS are not good at 1 tracking the ball in flight and two don’t have elite ball skills. DBs who are comfortable playing the ball will play the ball purely off instincts. Micheal Jackson for example came in with decent ball skills and made a couple plays while here were he put that on display

18 years old. If he could declare, he’d be a first round talent. Put on a show last night. I don’t know if he can tackle - I’m not saying he can’t, just haven’t noticed him in that aspect but **** he’s impressive.
Corey Raymond got someone who was good and has turned him into elite.

How does this sort of bull**** end up on a UM board and not get deleted?

Advertisement
He's not. He might be next year. He's being coached by the best so for sure he's 3 and out and most likely the first CB drafted when he declares. When Ricks gets there next season... the rich gets richer. Fire Baker and give Corey a promotion to DC and see if he bites. It won't happen but I can dream.

Yet we can't get one elite DB to play here....sucks to watch studs in different jerseys. I'm still not used to it

Jeff Okudah is the best in the nation hands down... Also, some of y'all need to realize our dbs are good enough to win the coastal. LSU dbs got scorched all year...bama and UGA dbs the same....if your pass rush is average expect your dbs to get beat sometimes...teams are winning with high powered spread offenses these days... Miami has to get caught up...our historical offense is the reason we are in the dooky bowl...

Advertisement

Probably the only db to give up 200 yards plus in a game too this season. I cant Get that performance vs bama and they way uf attacked him with van Jefferson coming out of the 1st half out of my head. He was beat some in other games too but he’s good no doubt , but some going overboard with the hype imo

Advertisement
Yet we can't get one elite DB to play here....sucks to watch studs in different jerseys. I'm still not used to it

Impressive how you managed to post a Miami Mope comment in a thread about a 5* LSU freshman.

Go get yourself a hobby or watch some ****.

18 years old. If he could declare, he’d be a first round talent. Put on a show last night. I don’t know if he can tackle - I’m not saying he can’t, just haven’t noticed him in that aspect but **** he’s impressive.
Corey Raymond got someone who was good and has turned him into elite.

Devonta Smith embarrassed him for an entire game. He's super talented, but you said something really dumb.

Probably the only db to give up 200 yards plus in a game too this season. I cant Get that performance vs bama and they way uf attacked him with van Jefferson coming out of the 1st half out of my head. He was beat some in other games too but he’s good no doubt , but some going overboard with the hype imo
He's an ELITE CB not just good, literally among the top 3 in the Nation, it's not up for debate.

Guaranteed 1st round Draft pick in 2 years.

And guess what... He looks back for the ball. Unlike any of our DBs.

Our DBs have a hard time staying in phase and preventing separation. You want them to look for the ball when they can't even cover with their eyes on the receiver?

Only the best corners can cover and have the skills and confidence to find the football. Blades can cover with his length and technique but isn't athletic enough to also play the ball.

Advertisement
Back