Derek Stingley is the best CB in CFB

I guess we know why what's his nuts transferred earlier this year.

Advertisement
Outstanding prospect. Gonna be a good one to watch over the next couple of years. He's had some up and down moments though. That's to be expected froma freshman.

And guess what... He looks back for the ball. Unlike any of our DBs.

Our DBs aren’t taught to look back because it’s legal to face guard in cfb. They are trained to watch the receivers eyes and when they go to catch it then try to strip it incomplete.That’s a Manny Diaz philosophy not Rumph.

Advertisement
Derek Stingley has potential to be one of the greats but some of y’all are smocking crack if you think he is anywhere near as good as Charles Woodson.

Charles Woodson was the most complete corner back I have ever seen in college and pros. Lock down cover skills, physical hit like a safety, with elite athleticism and extremely high IQ rolled into one... the Ed Reed of the corner back position.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Looks like him being this good wasn't something that happened by chance....

Heck of a read.

Never saw this article but Matt Jackson is one of boys. He played in the same secondary at Suwanneee with Kelly Jennings btw. I saw him posting about this kid on Facebook while he was in HS. Didnt know this was the same kid. ****

Our DBs aren’t taught to look back because it’s legal to face guard in cfb. They are trained to watch the receivers eyes and when they go to catch it then try to strip it incomplete.That’s a Manny Diaz philosophy not Rumph.
Hmmm... interesting. I remember hearing about that before but I thought it was more of Rumph's teaching. I'm not a coach or anything but it just seems as if it would benefit our DBs better if they were taught to look back at some point.

No cb that gave up 200 yds ina game himself can be the best.

And like someone else stated..i seen uf actually try to attack him.

He's gonna be really really good. Only gave up 5 tds this year. lol

He's a freshman and that game was against a 1st/2nd Round WR.

Would wager that never happens again and is probably forever going to be his motivation...but watch Justyn Ross or Tee Higgins make him look like Patrick Surtain - just silly - in the championship game just so you can bump this post. heh.

The numbers say he was the best, even with that horrendous game. So, how good must this kid have been the rest of the season? He's better than anyone draft eligible - Jeff Okudah being the best. So I am not sure who you think would be better right now then this kid.

If he were in this draft, I would put that money he'd be the second non-QB taken behind Chase Young.

Advertisement
He's a freshman and that game was against a 1st/2nd Round WR.

Would wager that never happens again and is probably forever going to be his motivation...but watch Justyn Ross or Tee Higgins make him look like Patrick Surtain - just silly - in the championship game just so you can bump this post. heh.

The numbers say he was the best, even with that horrendous game. So, how good must this kid have been the rest of the season? He's better than anyone draft eligible - Jeff Okudah being the best. So I am not sure who you think would be better right now then this kid.

If he were in this draft, I would put that money he'd be the second non-QB taken behind Chase Young.

Again looking at that laundry list of guys he went against...there is probably 2 nfl wrs on that list and they all got yards on him.

He's good...good as **** for a freshman...but yall need to stop hyping up ninjas to a level they arent. He will get the hype from now on ..follows from recruiting...and now the fact that he is at LSU which is known for the dbs. Maybe its because i watched 3 games where he gave up tds i dont know?. I'm impressed as ****..but thinking he is some out of this world prospect....NO. I mean i am a fan of um and seen our dbs when we were rolling.

He was elite when he stepped on the LSU campus. Now he has a coach who will make him a top 3 pick in 2 years

Bryce Hall when healthy is a better overall corner than this kid. Not nearly as high of a ceiling considering age, but speaking of best right now, it was Hall.

Advertisement
Back