Derek Mason

Id take him in a heartbeat.

He recruits south florida, ga already. Also california connections. He would have more rank on the defensive side. I would get rid of both of our db coaches for him or even have him as an analyst/dc type
@Cortez55403 knows all about Mason, I believe he would be great as a defensive coach for us.

Advertisement
Lol dude thought the Woman Kicker story would save him! So it seems.
Oh this kicker?
FB_IMG_1606792751838.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
He is better than Patke, Rumph, Baker and Banda so yes I would hire him. Doubt manny makes any move on his staff and I doubt Mason would come in just to be a DB coach or something like that
Imagine firing almost the entire defensive staff after a season that got the team ranked.

Not saying they shouldnt fire some assistant coaches (they absolutely should based on how players are developed), but thats probably the explanation used.

Imagine firing almost the entire defensive staff after a season that got the team ranked.

Not saying they shouldnt fire some assistant coaches (they absolutely should based on how players are developed), but thats probably the explanation used.

that’s why if we win out they all come back minus maybe one. I don’t agree but the optics say he brings everyone back because he likes the cohesiveness of having the same guys year in year our teaching HIS defense.

I think we can all agree that recruiting is a major issue at LB and CB. Then I think we can all agree that our defense gets gashed by any offense with a pulse and has major wholes in the middle of the field every game. Yeah a season of one or two loses this year would be incredible but true leaders make tough calls even when things seem to be going well.

Advertisement

Great coaches recognize weaknesses in their staff. Dabo made it to an Orange Bowl and then got embarrassed by WVU. He fired his then DC and got Venerables. Ever since then, he's had the most dominant program outside of Bama. For Diaz, he'll convince me he's the guy if he's willing to recognize that his "yes men" are holding him back from getting Miami to that next tier. Because right now, we're on the higher side of average.

Great coaches recognize weaknesses in their staff. Dabo made it to an Orange Bowl and then got embarrassed by WVU. He fired his then DC and got Venerables. Ever since then, he's had the most dominant program outside of Bama. For Diaz, he'll convince me he's the guy if he's willing to recognize that his "yes men" are holding him back from getting Miami to that next tier. Because right now, we're on the higher side of average.
Strange as it may seem, I’m not sure Manny got up this morning and looked at his list of things to do and saw “convince CIS that I’m the guy” on it....

Advertisement
Back