John 16:33
Premium
Some changes this morning:

Flowers - Starting RT, no SMH on chart
Robinson - Starting DT ahead of Smith, Porter not on chart
Bush - co-1st team with Rodgers
Duke - co-2nd team w/Clements

Advertisement
Surprised Smith didn't hang on to the starter job...hopefully it means the DT play & depth is not as bad as we thought it was.

Surprised Smith didn't hang on to the starter job...hopefully it means the DT play & depth is not as bad as we thought it was.

Sounds like the opposite has happened, and Luther is winning the job. Heard Sileo talking about hearing good things about him this weekend, and then this AM Joe Rose asked Golden for his thoughts on players solidifying starting jobs, and the first name out of Goldens mouth was Luther Robinson. Golden seems pretty happy with his play in camp.

Advertisement
When we line up against Boston Porter and Smith will be the DT's

VT and Rogers will be the starters at Safety

Advertisement
Some guys just can't stay healthy; no matter how hard they try. I know he was injured early last year too and the team did. It say a word until halfway through the season if I remember correctly.

Glad to see Thompkins work his way up. Hopefully he will be able to sustain it and not fade like in years past.

What is the deal with Dorestt? One week he's up...then he's down. Now he's back down.

My 2 cents on this subject:

Surprised and sad to see Porter out of the picture at starting DT, thought he'd be a major contributor for us this year...

I'd like to see EJ start much more than I'd like Armbrister to...

Got a bad feeling that we overevaluated Rayshawn Scott this spring, haven't heard much about him making plays since the start of camp... Hope he picks it up, we badly need a playmaker on the outside to open things up. Otherwise, we'll be seeing lots of defenders in the box against us this year.

The one position I feel comfortable with on the team is OL, even without SH. Hope they don't underachieve as they tend to do as of late.

Advertisement
Because the scrimmage was cut short, I'd assume this depth chart is likely to change before we kickoff at BC. The fact is that without Porter we are in big trouble up the Middle. D'onofrio was pretty clear that Armbrister was more likely to contribute as a special teams player this year. My guess is that we'll see a combination of Gaines and Eddie Johnson at that spot. Less than 2 weeks folks, can't wait. I am getting less confident as the game approaches, our defense really concerns me.

The defense concerns me too. The injury to Kirby really hurts the linebacker corps. And whatever is up with Porter isn't helping matters either.

On the positive side, it looks like Luther Robinson and Olsen Pierre are rising to the occasion. Also looks like Brandon McGee is responding to the coaches.

Advertisement
In reference to the new depth chart, Golden stated, "the guys we start are going to come from this grouping right here." Based on that, looks like 13 freshmen will be getting substantial work in the opener. Exciting, or scary?

I said a few weeks ago not to count on anything from porter because he cannot stay healthy for more than 1 game at a time. Nothing has changed my mind. And yes, City, I know, he's not injury prone. Just freak accidents etc....

In reference to the new depth chart, Golden stated, "the guys we start are going to come from this grouping right here." Based on that, looks like 13 freshmen will be getting substantial work in the opener. Exciting, or scary?

Absolutely terrifying. 9 times out of 10, if you see a lot of "Fr." in the 2 deep, a team is royally ****ed.

Advertisement
Back