Depth chart released by Miami

View as article
Advertisement
No suspensions reported as of yet.

Richt has done well to weed out the knuckleheads.

Underrated post. It means nobody did anything too stupid over the off season. There's almost always one or two guys suspended for the opener. Especially if it's against a weak opponent.

It's been a tumultuous off-season with an astounding amount of defections but great recruiting, no suspensions, and only one major injury (Gordinier) makes it a big success.

All looks good. Need O line health. In no universe should Berrios be starting over Thomas

Yeah, no way in **** a Senior who's been an established quality starter for 3 seasons should get the nod over a true Freshman who just got to campus and has been nursing a hamstring. That is just nuts.

Thomas will make a lot of money playing this game. Come next year Berrios will have a civilian job. Thomas is a threat to house it from anywhere. If you can't see the talent disparity I don't know what to tell you. I think BB will be good. JT can be great

Berrios will play on Sunday, write that down. We don't yet know what Thomas will do, only that he was great in HS.

All looks good. Need O line health. In no universe should Berrios be starting over Thomas

Yeah, no way in **** a Senior who's been an established quality starter for 3 seasons should get the nod over a true Freshman who just got to campus and has been nursing a hamstring. That is just nuts.

Thomas will make a lot of money playing this game. Come next year Berrios will have a civilian job. Thomas is a threat to house it from anywhere. If you can't see the talent disparity I don't know what to tell you. I think BB will be good. JT can be great

Berrios will play on Sunday, write that down. We don't yet know what Thomas will do, only that he was great in HS.

Thomas can do things that Berrios could only dream of doing. If Berrios is a future NFL player, so is Thomas. That is a f*cking guarantee.

No suspensions reported as of yet.

Richt has done well to weed out the knuckleheads.
Pastor Richt always has a suspension loaded in the chamber.

He's waiting on somebody to sneeze & if he doesn't hear a quick "Bless you" right after, it's over lol.

Advertisement

Thomas can do things that Berrios could only dream of doing. If Berrios is a future NFL player, so is Thomas. That is a f*cking guarantee.

True but history tells us that potential is not always realized. I'm excited about what Thomas will bring, but until it happens. . .

Canes and FSU match up will be interesting by week three: Rosier, OL, and FS will determine a close or dominant game by the U. FSU has good defense and experience QB; however, they have questions on OL, WR, and depth. Canes by 8!

[TWEET]902255937368584193[/TWEET]

Interesting to see Toolbox listed behind Chad. He played opposite him at WDE last year.

I mentioned as a hot take that I thought Trent would take chads starting spot.

His pass rush skills are his bread and butter, but I thought he held the point of attack well and had a nose for the ball. I didn't see any issues with his run support.

That said, probably undersized for the position.
[MENTION=3]LuCane[/MENTION] I'm sure this comes as a surprise to you, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to see Toolbox listed behind Chad. He played opposite him at WDE last year.

His pass rush skills are his bread and butter, but I thought he held the point of attack well and had a nose for the ball. I didn't see any issues with his run support.

@LuCane I'm sure this comes as a surprise to you, too.

Yep. Count me as surprised he's not playing WDE. We'll see where he gets his snaps.

Advertisement

@LuCane I'm sure this comes as a surprise to you, too.

Yep. Count me as surprised he's not playing WDE. We'll see where he gets his snaps.

Doesn't have the ideal size for sde but his game fits there more than wde. Usually you want your more explosive pass rushers over there like jackson and garvin.

I think harris was better vs the run last year than he was a pass rusher. On top of that in the base defense at sde he will have a shorter path to the qb.

And going back to kool at missouri he typically puts the DE with lesser athleticism at sde. When he had ealy and sam. Ealy was a sde but was more explosive than sam so he had ealy at wde and sam at sde.

teams can no longer hit the long snapper after the snap so it doesn't really matter what size he is...

Did not know that! Very interesting to special teams enthusiasts such as myself.

When did that change and where can I see the rule?

tia

Contact Against the Snapper

ARTICLE 14. When a team is in scrimmage kick formation, a defensive player may not initiate contact with the snapper until one second has elapsed after the snap (A.R. 9-1-14-I-III).

So basically we should count on completely overloaded lines from now on.

Advertisement
Back