Depth Chart after Scrimmage 1

Advertisement
I don’t think he’ll even see much in-line play , if any at all. He’s playing he njoku flex spot , so he’ll be a glorified receiver.
Ya agreed Brevin an Polendy will be the inline tight end when we flex the TE it will be Mallory makes sense!

Advertisement
If you're committed to using a FB as Richt has said he is, I'm confused about moving Choc. I assume this makes sense given the info that Richt has that I do not, but I would have thought you'd want 2 FBs, and that one of the other guys would be fine as RB3.
Isn't there a big white dude walk on that's a fullback?

Grey to RB doesn't make much sense when we just heard Thomas Brown say that Realus George isn't ready yet.

It isn’t an official depth chart. It’s just the order David lake saw them lining up for this or that drill.

Usually pretty accurate analysis though for 1s and even 2s if there’s no battle. Maybe FBs were running drills w RBs and freshmen went last?

Advertisement
I don’t think he’ll even see much in-line play , if any at all. He’s playing he njoku flex spot , so he’ll be a glorified receiver.

Njoku played in-line quite a bit in 2016. Mallory may have to prove he can block if he wants to play.

Sounds like Lingard must have messed up in the scrimmage and they are sending a message.
Based on richt comments he struggled early on in camp in pass protection, and commented that he’s starting to run Better but he can’t do the highschool type plays like running east and west because it can result in loss of yardage,
So maybe he did that in the scrimmage

Lingard will be fine, he doesn't need to play right away. He'll learn and be the star we think he is.

Advertisement
Sounds like Lingard must have messed up in the scrimmage and they are sending a message.

Or he's a freshman.

People forget that in a perfect world, freshmen wouldn't see the field. This is probably less about him than that we have a lot of talented guys who have had more time to learn the job.

Advertisement
Grey to RB doesn't make much sense when we just heard Thomas Brown say that Realus George isn't ready yet.

I thought they were planning to use Brevin to fill in the FB role part time? I fell like that was said at some point... So I think it does say something about Lingard and Cam’Ron not being quite ready. Which is fine. They’re freshman.

Last edited:
Good hearing Coach Richt talk about the team. We sound like we’re ready for the game. The question will be can the team execute the plays necessary to win. I think we can, and I think our conditioning will help us greatly come the 4th quarter at AT&T Stadium.

Advertisement
Back