Depth Chart after Scrimmage 1

Advertisement
Mallory's blocking must need work and Richt is **** bent on using 12 and 21 personnel this year.

D.J. Scaife from left guard to left tackle and Herbert moved ahead of Hillary for 2nd team Right Tackle

Advertisement
Interesting looking at the RB depth chart. Given that I haven't seen one scrimmage, I can't argue against it.

I disagree with moving Gray back to rb, that group is already too crowded, leave him at fb if he wants to get reps/ split reps with only 1 other person

Gray knows what to do in pass pro and probably doesn't fumble.

Advertisement
Grey to RB doesn't make much sense when we just heard Thomas Brown say that Realus George isn't ready yet.

Donaldson at RG and Scaife at RT would be nice.

Thinking about a potential line in the future

Scaife Reed Gaynor Donaldson Neal.

Thats a championship line.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If you're committed to using a FB as Richt has said he is, I'm confused about moving Choc. I assume this makes sense given the info that Richt has that I do not, but I would have thought you'd want 2 FBs, and that one of the other guys would be fine as RB3.

Advertisement
Mallory's blocking must need work and Richt is **** bent on using 12 and 21 personnel this year.

I don’t think he’ll even see much in-line play , if any at all. He’s playing he njoku flex spot , so he’ll be a glorified receiver.

No -- it's observation based on the order players were running in drills.

I'm certain Gray is not suddenly exclusively at RB. He is the starting FB and is getting reps in some drills with the RBs.

That was my immediate thought too. Unless someone can confirm that Gray is no longer taking reps at FB and strictly playing RB? Gotta believe he's working both and they want to see more in pass pro out of the younger guys before moving them back up.

Advertisement
Back