Depth as the Key to Success

This is the first time in a very long time that multiple true freshman will not just walk on campus and be given a spot in the two deep on defense. The only freshman that I can see cracking the two deep is Chad Thomas, now that is how it should be.

Another key factor here is because of the new found depth, starters will no longer have to play on special teams. You could see how tired DP and Chick were by the end of the season. Those guys simply played too many snaps last season and it hurt their production down the stretch. We should see a team that is fresh and prepared for the full season grind.

2011 true freshman in the 2 deep on defense
  1. Denzel Perryman
  2. Gionni Paul
  3. Anthony Chickillo
  4. Olsen Pierre
  5. Thomas Finnie

2012 true freshman in the 2 deep on defense
  1. Raphael Kirby
  2. Rayshawn Jenkins
  3. Deon Bush
  4. Tracy Howard
  5. Antonio Crawford
  6. Jelani Hamilton
  7. Earl Moore
  8. Dequan Ivery
  9. Tyriq McCord

2013 true freshman in the 2 deep on defense
  1. Artie Burns
  2. Al-Quadin Muhammad
  3. Alex Figueroa

Advertisement
This is the first time in a very long time that multiple true freshman will not just walk on campus and be given a spot in the two deep on defense. The only freshman that I can see cracking the two deep is Chad Thomas, now that is how it should be.

Another key factor here is because of the new found depth, starters will no longer have to play on special teams. You could see how tired DP and Chick were by the end of the season. Those guys simply played too many snaps last season and it hurt their production down the stretch. We should see a team that is fresh and prepared for the full season grind.

1. Denzel Perryman
  2. Gionni Paul
  3. Anthony Chickillo
  4. Olsen Pierre
  5. Thomas Finnie

1. Raphael Kirby
  2. Rayshawn Jenkins
  3. Deon Bush
  4. Tracy Howard
  5. Antonio Crawford
  6. Jelani Hamilton
  7. Earl Moore
  8. Dequan Ivery
  9. Tyriq McCord

1. Artie Burns
  2. Al-Quadin Muhammad
  3. Alex Figueroa

Dont forget Darrion Owens and Moten. I think Owens comes for a spot. (Prob Thurston Arm.) and Moten backs up Pierre.

But you are correct. Literally no freshmen on D should be in the two deep other then them and Moten is a reach.

Plus while I think we have good-great 2 deep talent at alot of positions (mainly WR, S, CB, and TE) we are still lacking at VERY key ones like DT and DE. We look to be okay at LB if Grace continues to improve and Blue gets his head out of his a$$. OL could be okay too if Darling and KC step up.

Have to agree with CaneDynasty...Coaching is the week link...Just absolutely embarrassing in our last game with Louisville...You have all season to create momentum after the Florida game but it turned into a regression of the previous year..Words cannot describe the despair I felt with our offensive showing against Louisvilles stand around defense...Any 7th grader in the country knew to go to a hurry-up no huddle, but Coley looked befuddled on the sidelines with no encouragement or change of attack the whole second half..The butt slap snap count continued.continued.continued.with even the announcers stating Louieville new what was coming..I don't think that things will be different this year with Petrino ready to pounce with a new offense, and the second tier opponets have no respect for the once proud Canes...As for all the hope for the defense,it can only be summed up in two words...Mark Don'tno....

Oh boy here we go... Coley didn't look confused because of the play calling. He looked confused because our dumbass QB couldn't string together more than 4 plays before we had to punt. Defense only held for so long. No duke, unable to get the ball Coley, poor TE & WR play. Predicted snap count was an abortion though for sure.

1. Denzel Perryman
  2. Gionni Paul
  3. Anthony Chickillo
  4. Olsen Pierre
  5. Thomas Finnie

1. Raphael Kirby
  2. Rayshawn Jenkins
  3. Deon Bush
  4. Tracy Howard
  5. Antonio Crawford
  6. Jelani Hamilton
  7. Earl Moore
  8. Dequan Ivery
  9. Tyriq McCord

1. Artie Burns
  2. Al-Quadin Muhammad
  3. Alex Figueroa

Dont forget Darrion Owens and Moten. I think Owens comes for a spot. (Prob Thurston Arm.) and Moten backs up Pierre.

But you are correct. Literally no freshmen on D should be in the two deep other then them and Moten is a reach.

Plus while I think we have good-great 2 deep talent at alot of positions (mainly WR, S, CB, and TE) we are still lacking at VERY key ones like DT and DE. We look to be okay at LB if Grace continues to improve and Blue gets his head out of his a$$. OL could be okay too if Darling and KC step up.

I think we very close at DE as well.

WDE/Jack
  1. Tyriq McCord
  2. Al-Quadin Muhammad
  3. Chad Thomas
  4. Trent Harris

SDE
  1. Anthony Chickillo
  2. Ufomba Kamalu
  3. Jelani Hamilton

Advertisement
We get it, the coaching staff has issues. Trust me, they have issues. Every thread doesn't need to acknowledge this point.

The OP still brings a valid point about the importance of depth.

I respectfully disagree.

"A lie gone unchallenged becomes the truth"

What is the lie?

The pretender to be the Head Coach, and the two pretenders that we call Coordinators.

:ibisroflmao:

350.gif

Advertisement
Back