Deon Bush

He will be a better pro than all but a few players at his position from his draft class.

These Golden Era players have all been undervalued going into the draft and have all essentially outplayed their draft slot and have all been better than players drafted ahead of them.

Advertisement
Deon Bush is a 1st round talent makes plays forces fumbles enforces and is a great athlete.... All he needs is fine tuning with better coaching in an aggressive scheme and whoever drafts will be glad they did.

As far as athletes go at the safety position I don't see anyone else that is as dynamic as he is.

He's not a 1st rounder. And Jalen Ramsey is CLEARLY a better more dynamic athlete at safety.
The absolute earliest I see Deon going is 3rd round. More than likely he's a 4th/5th rounder I think.

Jalen is playing corner... at worst he's going in the Third round & thats not likely. as I know for fact at least six squads that love him as of now. I don't think physically he'll destroy the combine. But his intangibles are all off the charts. Would love to have him opposite Landon collins for my gmen. It's easy if you don't know football to throw these opinions out of our players because college results aren't extraordinary. But people that know how to analyze a players skill set love this kid. People are still fooled by the effects of playing that ****ty *** scheme no d ran. You'll see though.

Really. You think that at worst Deon Bush goes in the 3rd round? Are you kidding me. He already needs to have a great combine to even be in the 3rd round discussion. It doesn't matter what his college stats show, the chances he's a 2nd round pick are very very slim. The chances he's a 3rd round pick aren't even good. And if a team drafts him in the 3rd round most people are going to say the pick was a reach.

Now if you are trying to say that he is worth at worst a 3rd round pick, its a different story. I still disagree but at least its a better argument. But what someone is worth and where they get drafted are not always the same, especially as you get later on in the draft.

Right now I can tell you Ramsey and Darian Thompson from Boise St WILL go before Deon Bush. Thompson is a 2nd rounder right now. Jeremy Cash and Vonn Bell are probably the best strong safeties in this draft and both will go before Deon Bush. And someone is definitely going to reach on Kearse because the dude is 6'5".
So at best I see him being the 6th Safety drafted, and thats ignoring Jalen Mills, and a few other guys.

Deon Bush is one of those guys that doesn't do anything great, but does everything good. No holes in his game. He's also not a combine god either. But he's physical enough, fast enough, strong enough. No legit concerns there.

He's going to be one of those 3rd, 4th round picks that end up being really successful because they have no holes in their game. The type of player that the Seahawks have been stealing and making into big time contributors. Not saying he's a Kam Chancellor.. but he's **** good in his own right.

One of my best friends is a huge Titans fan and he watched a few canes games with me and loved Deon's game. He texted me about a week ago and said that he's seen Bush's name on so many Titans forums, watch lists, Titans "insiders" updates, etc and they are looking to get a safety. He was saying some "insider" on the radio really thinks that Bush is a legit target for them. They won't be going safety at the top of the 1st round, and will likely be too late for Jeremy Cash, but they seem to think Bush is a likely target. I'm guessing 3rd round, idk if they'd get him the 1st pick of the 2nd round..

I agree with ur view on Bush but I think he will surprise at the combine. His vertical should be very impressive.... That interception he made against Rashaad Greene (who has a 40 inch very) against FSU when Deon ran across the field than out jumped him for the int was a very impressive play that stands out to me.

Very true, very true. I just saw a prediction of the Titans draft (obviously no substance, just guessing) from a few weeks ago and it had Artie going to them in the 3rd round and Bush in the 5th. I'd be a Titans fan then lol

But I think Artie improves his stock more at the combine than Bush. Artie goes from a late 2nd early 3rd to a potential late first early 2nd via 40 and vertical, etc. Deon has athleticism but nothing that's just going to blow scouts away

If DRC can run a couple fortys and go from possibly undrafted to pro bowler, then I KNOW Artie who led a P5 conference in picks, is an all American track athlete and is gazelle fast can sneak in the first round like P Dorsett did last year.

It'll be hard for him to sneak into the 1st. Right now Hargreaves, Mackenzie Alexander, and Eli Apple are locks to be drafted in the 1st round. But after those 3 guys He can definitely be the next one selected. And if he has as good of a Combine as I think he will, he can pass up Apple, Though that would be tough.

Advertisement
Back