Deon Bush

A guy who's played 6 collegiate games should never be in the discussion for best player on defense.

Unfortunately, exactly what I was thinking as well.

This.

I didn't see the game cause I was working. All I saw was the "highlights" and I saw Mr. Telemaque taking another one of the worst angles towards a RB ever. How does VT still not understand the concept of angles?

Is it possible that even a guy like Golden can't totally de-Shannonize this team until all those guys are gone? I know there are guys like McGee and Ben Jones that are bought in and trying, but I don't believe even McGee trying as hard as he can can shake the stink cloud Shannon left on him.

Advertisement
A guy who's played 6 collegiate games should never be in the discussion for best player on defense.

Unfortunately, exactly what I was thinking as well.

This.

I didn't see the game cause I was working. All I saw was the "highlights" and I saw Mr. Telemaque taking another one of the worst angles towards a RB ever. How does VT still not understand the concept of angles?

Is it possible that even a guy like Golden can't totally de-Shannonize this team until all those guys are gone? I know there are guys like McGee and Ben Jones that are bought in and trying, but I don't believe even McGee trying as hard as he can can shake the stink cloud Shannon left on him.

Seriously be glad you didn't see the game.

The first 5 minutes of game time were some of the most painful minutes I can remember. Just brutal.

But out there in the midst of all the bull****, were some good things, and Buch was at the top of the chain.

Can some of you more yoda-like defensive guys gimme a little breakdown of his performance so far this year?

To me wildly untrained eye he looks like he might be the best player on our D right now. EJ and McGee have their moments too but Deon seems to be involved in every play and plays with a ferocity we haven't seen from a safety in years.

Definitely a bright spot on what is maybe the worst collection of execution I have ever seen on a Miami team.

Bush was one of a handful of players who came to play last night. Pleasantly surprised with his progress to this point. My concern with him is the quality of instruction he's receiving, because the defensive coaching is so poor.

D'ohno sucks but our DB coach seems legit

Don't forget Golden was asked what unit he likes to work with during practices, in individual drills, and he said defensive backs.

Lol @ the OP's concern over the "defensive coaching"...this despite the fact that these same coaches found this talent, have been coaching him up, and have put guys in the NFL from Temple of all places.

We don't have the horses up front. Either you understand the ramifications of that statement or you don't.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back