Deon Bush

JHallCanes

2028 is our year
Premium
Can some of you more yoda-like defensive guys gimme a little breakdown of his performance so far this year?

To me wildly untrained eye he looks like he might be the best player on our D right now. EJ and McGee have their moments too but Deon seems to be involved in every play and plays with a ferocity we haven't seen from a safety in years.

Definitely a bright spot on what is maybe the worst collection of execution I have ever seen on a Miami team.

Advertisement
He is the best player on defense right now. Over-ran a couple run plays last night but was solid in run support overall and had that huge 3rd and goal coverage that resulted in an incomplete pass. He was VERY close to getting a safety right before halftime when thy blitzed him off the edge

Can some of you more yoda-like defensive guys gimme a little breakdown of his performance so far this year?

To me wildly untrained eye he looks like he might be the best player on our D right now. EJ and McGee have their moments too but Deon seems to be involved in every play and plays with a ferocity we haven't seen from a safety in years.

Definitely a bright spot on what is maybe the worst collection of execution I have ever seen on a Miami team.

Bush was one of a handful of players who came to play last night. Pleasantly surprised with his progress to this point. My concern with him is the quality of instruction he's receiving, because the defensive coaching is so poor.

He is the best player on defense right now. Over-ran a couple run plays last night but was solid in run support overall and had that huge 3rd and goal coverage that resulted in an incomplete pass. He was VERY close to getting a safety right before halftime when thy blitzed him off the edge

Thanks Pete, I'm with you here. Even the way he takes on blocks has impressed me and that's tough for a bit of an undersized freshman, though he looks like he has already bulked up quite a bit.

Perryman might have something to say about "best". But he has been good. Sad when even second best is true frosh.

Advertisement

Bush was one of a handful of players who came to play last night. Pleasantly surprised with his progress to this point. My concern with him is the quality of instruction he's receiving, because the defensive coaching is so poor.

D'ohno sucks but our DB coach seems legit

He looks special. A difference maker over time. I hope he is a guy that we can build around.

EJ; DP; McCord; Kirby and Bush is a nice group. Stating the obvious here, but DT has to be addressed before any of these guys can fully have the impact they are capable of.

Advertisement
Perryman might have something to say about "best". But he has been good. Sad when even second best is true frosh.

Of course but he has obviously been slowed a bit by the injury. The last couple weeks I just see a kid in Bush that keeps getting better and better and playing with confidence.

I thought he could be a great safety, eventually, but he has hit the ground running.

Crawford, Hoilett, McCord, Howard, Bush, Kirby, EJ, Perry, are all going to be difference makers

You add in a Keith Bryant, Matt Thomas, Burns, Carter, and hopefully a JUCO DT...you then have a defense on your hands

Not to be a jerk, but you just rallied off 8 players that are already here and what have they shown under our DC? They might be talented, but they won't be difference makers if they aren't in the right position.

Advertisement
As others have said his athleticism jumps off the screen. Hes the type of athlete we used to have all over the field.

Just needs to learn the game. Those plays you mentioned were because he took bad angles or paused for a split second "Thinking". Once he learns the game of football he will be a monster.

Advertisement

Just needs to learn the game. Those plays you mentioned were because he took bad angles or paused for a split second "Thinking". Once he learns the game of football he will be a monster.

This is part of why he keeps catching my attention. You can see that he is a bit lost out there but he still "scrambles" like a ************. He always ends up around the ball and his athleticism jumps off the screen.

Advertisement
Back