Denzel Perryman vs Florida

I remember Barrow trying to convince Shannon to take him as a recruit, and Shannon thought he was too small.

Not even true.. Perryman was a cane from day 1 he was playing the recruiting game all along. He was coming here if Shannon or Golden was coach same as Chickillo. Everyone in SFL knew he was a cane. He wore UM gear to school all the time... He had a Miami offer during his soph year after he made all dade as a freshman at Gables..

Yeah remember the infamous Perryman/FSU pic?

1775 is right though. Golden wanted to reevaluate Perryman when he got here and there were some people freaking out for sure. Everything worked out but there were some tense moments when it looked like we may not take him, a bit like Grace I suppose.

Advertisement
Couple of good write-ups. Being at the game, the fierceness of his collisions is hard to put into words. I love seeing an LB play that kind of game where they are always moving in the correct direction. He was running downhill all game long. Would live to see him stay another year but I am going to root for the young man regardless of his decision.

Advertisement
If he were 6'2", he'd be a Top 5 NFL Draft pick.

Sorry, no.

Luke Kuechly is twice the LB Perryman* is and he only went 9th overall.

[*this is not a slight on Perryman, Kuechly is just an absolute monster]

Love Kuechly, but saying that he's twice the LB that DP is, is a bit of hyperbole to me.

No doubt, I think he's better, but I don't think the margin is as wide as you've intimated.

Hard to believe Golden doubted Perryman out of high school. I attend games in that part of the county. Perryman was the most obvious standout in at least the past half dozen years. #2 was making plays in the backfield from his first season. He immediately reminded me of Sean Spence only with a larger frame and more explosive tackler.

In Perryman's senior season Gables had a down year and they really moved him around guarding the opposition's best player. I remember Southwest down 7 and driving in the final seconds. Gables dropped Perryman 25 yards deep and had him cheating toward the sideline, certain that Southwest would run Hail Mary plays to their tall receiver. That's exactly what they did and Perryman helped thwart the plays as Gables held on.

Wrecking ball gon wreck.

Scaryman played that game like his brother and his brother's stoner friend trashed his car and blamed it on u***.

The energy with which he played that entire game in grueling conditions reminded me Aaron Pryor punching the fck out of Alexis Arguelo in the 14th round in the Orange Bowl. Was Panama Lewis on the sidelines hydrating Scaryman with a bottle saying, "give me the one I mixed" ?

Advertisement

Sorry, no.

Aaron Curry is half the LB Perryman is and he went 3rd overall.

Transitive property don't work too gud in sports.

If you look at who the top players are at linebacker in the 14 class (CJ Mosley, Kyle Van Noy, Ryan Shazier), the only thing separating Perryman from that group and being considered better, is his lack of height the pros look for in a top linebacker. Considering he's likely 5-11 with lifts in his cleats, it makes the point moot. But he's as talented as any linebacker in the country and plays like it.

While I will definitely agree that our DL has greatly improved, and Prez is benefitting from it. I would like to add that he was taking on OL quite a few times and whoopin that ***!! He looks transformed out there...whether its him finally getting healthy, Biogenesis freakish ****, coaching and "FBI", or the DL improving (certainly a combo) Im loving every bit of it.

As dominant as Easley was on the ******s side, The Prez was just as scary or more!

Advertisement
Advertisement

Sorry, no.

lol Luke Kuechly is twice the LB Perryman is now b/c he's in the NFL proving it..... but you must be joking if you think that Perryman cant be as dominant of a LB as Kuechly was his junior year, this year.

Denzel Perryman is a monster in his own right too.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back