Dennis smith

Advertisement
I gotta admit, just when I think I have seen every ridiculously stupid porst on CIS, I am again and again proven wrong.
Dude in CIS lane there is no bottom

What Is Happening Digital Art GIF by Robert Ek

walt disney jump GIF

Advertisement
not going to hash it out on here. If you know enough to say it was him, then you know what we could and should have done better.

I don’t get the cloak and dagger.

You guys are saying that Smith cost Miami Lew when that’s not entirely true.

Nobody, at any school, costs a program a recruit. In all cases, there is a cascade of decisions and conversations that lead to closing or losing a player.

In Lew’s case, just because someone may or may not have encouraged him to look at a particular program track AT YOUR AS school wouldn’t cost you the recruit.

If the family decides that’s what is best for them (to pursue a program instead of ball)…again, what can the program do?

Nobody, at any school, costs a program a recruit. In all cases, there is a cascade of decisions and conversations that lead to closing or losing a player.

In Lew’s case, just because someone may or may not have encouraged him to look at a particular program track AT YOUR AS school wouldn’t cost you the recruit.

If the family decides that’s what is best for them (to pursue a program instead of ball)…again, what can the program do?
I'm usually on your side Ghandi but not in this case.

I absolutely think a single person or situation can cost a school a recruit. If a visit is all jacked up, disorganized and makes one feel disrespected or not important, it could turn a kid off. If on a visit the hosts bounce and leave a kid on his own, or don't make him feel he can click with those teammates in the future, it could turn a kid off. If a coach/recruiter is an utter pain in the *** or annoying, people in general tend to shut down and ignore that person/situation......so i wouldn't expect recruits to be any different.....and that goes for a kid himself, a HS coach who's helping a kid decide or a family member. I'm not talking about Lew's situation or that of any other particular kid. I'm simply saying i do think a single person/situation can cost a team a recruit.

Do i expect this to happen with kids we are all over and have had Mario involved from Day 1? Probably not because there would be many more interactions or instances that could offset that one bad experience. But everyone is wired differently and there's a lot of people out there that never focus on the 9/10 things you do correct.....they focus on the 1/10 things you did wrong.

Advertisement

Fair point, I have my perspective. You have yours. I think you bring up solid points, I just want us to be good again. I want us to be well organized and methodical. I want us to have a pulse on recruiting so we can stop making jokes about landing the greatest dline in um history and have one DT on board… as I’ve stated elsewhere, this starts at the top, it’s that way in every org. Look at the well run programs, nfl, nba teams and companies. If you want a corporate example look at Microsoft under Balmer and Microsoft under Satya.

I just want us to be better.

It would have to be something that is a violation of rules or even criminality to be let go this close to signing day. That’s what appears to being insinuated. If strictly performance, that happens after 2024 recruiting is in the books.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back