Dennis smith

Advertisement
I’m sure every school has problems in recruiting one way or another. They are dealing with 16,17,18 year old kids begging them to come play a sport at their school. It’s got to be a miserable job honestly. Who wants to do that all year. Texting, calling kids at all hours acting like you care about their life, family, goals etc… over and over and over again. Dealing with all the drama that comes with it. It’s a terribly hard job and I’m sure things can get ugly at times when you got that much going on.
This couldn’t be more spot on. I’ve mentioned before I was a head coach at the D2 and D3 level for baseball, and an assistant at both levels for 16 years. The amount of time that I put into recruiting was absurd at that level for just 5-8 kids a year…I can’t even fathom what is needed at high level d1 football. But I can tell you the social media stuff may annoy some on here but it’s absolutely needed. Kids love knowing they are loved. It’s like a drug for some of them.

Social media, the transfer portal, and kids feeling entitled because of some travel team they played forpartially took away my passion for what I did my last 4-5 years. I used to recruit knowing I was basically becoming a second father and trying to help kids mature away from home on and off the field. My last few years it felt more like babysitting. I barely keep in touch with most of the recent kids. But I have gone to weddings, still text and talk to dozens of kids I coached my first 10-12 years, get pics of their kids now playing baseball, etc.

Advertisement
Advertisement
It’s not opinion but alright…
Bro how tf you gonna come in here and say some sht like this and not drop nuts and state facts.

This is exactly wtf I’m talking about on here and a lot posters.
Sorry man but this is really btch like behavior.
“I got a secret but I can’t tell you”
And if it’s not a secret then say it.

Free country, free board. But getting upset because people questioned your post?
Really?

You’re confident enough to start the thread but can’t state facts and then say it’s not an opinion?

Everyone and their mama sees Smith as cringy but you’re literally questioning a man’s character but can’t say what?

Not saying you’re lying. But the way your going about it is about as wrong as the dude who’s character your criticizing.

And you keep mentioning his ***** ups but not mention who or how or what.
And if you can’t, then why are you even mentioning it to a group of people that literally have no power to do anything?

Bro you’re not stirring the pot.
But you sure as fck bought it, put sht in it, put it on the stove and began cooking it.

Do you know how much sht and drama has gone down at UM since golden left?
A Fck ton.
Way more than whatever shenanigans Smith is doing now or hasn’t done or hs fckd up.
But some just like to keep their mouths shut.

can’t have receipts just trust factor that he’s a mess of a person. Wish I could have more but the ppl need to know and we gotta fix this.
So honestly, with the people now knowing, what we're you expecting the people on a message board to do about it? I always find these posts interesting. Unless of course Mario or Alonzo are on here.

This couldn’t be more spot on. I’ve mentioned before I was a head coach at the D2 and D3 level for baseball, and an assistant at both levels for 16 years. The amount of time that I put into recruiting was absurd at that level for just 5-8 kids a year…I can’t even fathom what is needed at high level d1 football. But I can tell you the social media stuff may annoy some on here but it’s absolutely needed. Kids love knowing they are loved. It’s like a drug for some of them.

Social media, the transfer portal, and kids feeling entitled because of some travel team they played forpartially took away my passion for what I did my last 4-5 years. I used to recruit knowing I was basically becoming a second father and trying to help kids mature away from home on and off the field. My last few years it felt more like babysitting. I barely keep in touch with most of the recent kids. But I have gone to weddings, still text and talk to dozens of kids I coached my first 10-12 years, get pics of their kids now playing baseball, etc.
So basically they’ve become yacht girls?

Advertisement
No. Who the **** is he?
This guy….

austin powers GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back