Dennis Erickson

P

PalmBeachCane

This is who Miami needs as their head coach, he's been here, he knows what's needed to win and is very well respected throughout the NCAA. Yes he's a 67 years old but so is Steve Spurrier. The university could afford to hire him at a cheap price and he wouldn't come with as much baggage as Butch Davis. I think with Brennan Carroll, James Coley and Ice Harris running the recruiting aspects Erickson would get great recruiting classes that weren't focused around New Jersey. Erickson would also be able to develop them. He's a great and aggressive offensive coach, he wouldn't sit on a ball with 1:30 left in the first half. The best part? He would most likely bring a defensive 4-3 attacking scheme, he would let the defense eat. Chains would be removed, also a top notch DC would love to coach with Erickson, a coach to the stature of Kirby Smart. This is a move that would please older alumns as well as the fanbase that wants an experienced HC. It would work, Canes would be contenders next season, he would work Miracles with Kayaa and him paired with James Coley would bring undeniable success.

Advertisement
This is who Miami needs as their head coach, he's been here, he knows what's needed to win and is very well respected throughout the NCAA. Yes he's a 67 years old but so is Steve Spurrier. The university could afford to hire him at a cheap price and he wouldn't come with as much baggage as Butch Davis. I think with Brennan Carroll, James Coley and Ice Harris running the recruiting aspects Erickson would get great recruiting classes that weren't focused around New Jersey. Erickson would also be able to develop them. He's a great and aggressive offensive coach, he wouldn't sit on a ball with 1:30 left in the first half. The best part? He would most likely bring a defensive 4-3 attacking scheme, he would let the defense eat. Chains would be removed, also a top notch DC would love to coach with Erickson, a coach to the stature of Kirby Smart. This is a move that would please older alumns as well as the fanbase that wants an experienced HC. It would work, Canes would be contenders next season, he would work Miracles with Kayaa and him paired with James Coley would bring undeniable success.

WTF IS GOING ON!!!!!!!!! DENNIS ******* ERICKSON????? IS THIS REAL LIFE RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?! SMDH....

Is he my first choice? No but I'm trying to be a REALIST. Miami isn't and will never she'll out 4 million dollars a year for a top notch coach. Dennis Erickson has single handedly turned around 4 schools. Better coach than Davis IMO

Advertisement
I prefer we go after Howard Schnellenberger he lead FAU to a bowl win just a few years ago. I think he got one more run left in him.

Is he my first choice? No but I'm trying to be a REALIST. Miami isn't and will never she'll out 4 million dollars a year for a top notch coach. Dennis Erickson has single handedly turned around 4 schools. Better coach than Davis IMO

Might want to backflush and re-check that IMO.

Advertisement
while we are at it lets hire DBC as the director of football operations and animal control

I stand by my statement, still think Erickson could right ship fast. As much as I dissaprove of Golden one thing he did was stack a nice amount of talent. Yeah canes are thin at a few spots but this depth chart is in way better shape then when he arrived. Erickson has always got the most out of his players and runs an offensive scheme built for Kayaa, it couldn't get more perfect. He's the only coach to win coach of the year in a power 5 conference at 3 different schools. (Pac 12, Oregon State, Washington State and ASU). He still holds the record for the highest winning percentage of any HC at UM. As Ben Franklin once said "There's lies, **** lies and then there's statistics." Let Erickson bring some stability to a program that desperately needs it, this wouldn't be a stepping stone job, think Bill Snyder at Kansas State.

Advertisement
I stand by my statement, still think Erickson could right ship fast. As much as I dissaprove of Golden one thing he did was stack a nice amount of talent. Yeah canes are thin at a few spots but this depth chart is in way better shape then when he arrived. Erickson has always got the most out of his players and runs an offensive scheme built for Kayaa, it couldn't get more perfect. He's the only coach to win coach of the year in a power 5 conference at 3 different schools. (Pac 12, Oregon State, Washington State and ASU). He still holds the record for the highest winning percentage of any HC at UM. As Ben Franklin once said "There's lies, **** lies and then there's statistics." Let Erickson bring some stability to a program that desperately needs it, this wouldn't be a stepping stone job, think Bill Snyder at Kansas State.
Erickson was the only coach to win 2 national championships here and his offensive innovation was a big part of it. But Dennis drank too much and apparently did at other jobs. Howard sadly had some issues there too.

Erickson was the best offense HC we have ever had. Add in JJ's defensive HC abilities and we would have a coach everyone could agree on.

Advertisement
I read the first post and thought it was a troll and then I kept reading and saw that he actually reiterated his point and realized the OP is just an idiot.

Erickson as head coach again ain't happening. That said, if we somehow go hire an "up and comer" HC then Erickson would certainly be a nice fit somewhere on that staff offering a seasoned voice. He apparently just wants to coach and isn't big into job titles any longer. Too bad he'll be 90 years old when we finally make a move circa 2020.

Erickson was the only coach to win 2 national championships here and his offensive innovation was a big part of it. But Dennis drank too much and apparently did at other jobs. Howard sadly had some issues there too.

Two things. Who's players did Dennis win those NC's with? Butch's from his days with JJ. Do you remember that Pell scandal thing Dennis left behind for Butch? Yes Dennis did win 2 NCs and would be 10 million times better than Al, but he can't recruit. Butch is dead for ncaa thing an another school that was taking place long before he got there, but Dennis is okay when he gave us the biggest scandal in ncaa history until Donna's little one. Now, Dennis with Butch as DC and recruiting czar, that would be a thought.

Advertisement
Back