Dennis erickson on sportscenter

407cane

All-ACC
If anyone finds the clip post it.

Guy has one of the best interviews in a long time , said he wasn't sure which team was the Catholics and which was the convicts

They also had a laundry list of ex players coming back this week supposedly the most in a very long time.

When Marty Smith asked him why the U is so special he said "It's a cane thin, you wouldn't understand"

Awesome to see all the players from back in the day and even the coaches supporting our team

Advertisement
We gonna beat the fuggin brakes off these molested potato eating sons of bytches!!!!!!!

When I saw Pink Erickson get off the team bus flailing his arms wildly exorting the crowd before one of the games at the OB I knew it was going to be nuts.

When I saw Pink Erickson get off the team bus flailing his arms wildly exorting the crowd before one of the games at the OB I knew it was going to be nuts.

Heh. I didn’t know his nickname was Pink.

Guest sideline coach if the Drunken Irish dig up Lou?

Advertisement

I think that was FSU, 1992. I'll never forget that. He looked like he was going to take the field and kill someone himself.

Edit... I thought you were talking about Dennis...

That was1989 vs ND. Most intense atmosphere at the OB ever, and I saw every UM and Dolphins game there from 1975 to 2007.

Pretty sure that was either 92 or 94 FSU but i could be wrong.

Pretty sure that was either 92 or 94 FSU but i could be wrong.

It was the 92 FSU game, noon start.

IIRC, Miami was coming off a 8-7 squeaker vs Arizona the game or two b4 and many pundits were doubting Miami, at that point.

Advertisement

Guy has one of the best interviews in a long time , said he wasn't sure which team was the Catholics and which was the convicts

They also had a laundry list of ex players coming back this week supposedly the most in a very long time.

When Marty Smith asked him why the U is so special he said "It's a cane thin, you wouldn't understand"

Awesome to see all the players from back in the day and even the coaches supporting our team

"Guy has one of the best interviews in a long time , said he wasn't sure which team was the Catholics and which was the convicts"

Awesome! If he said that on air...all is forgiven!!
He didn't leave the program in great shape and certainly had his issues but he did win two ****les.
Time for him to come back in the fold and be part of the family again.

"Guy has one of the best interviews in a long time , said he wasn't sure which team was the Catholics and which was the convicts"

Awesome! If he said that on air...all is forgiven!!
He didn't leave the program in great shape and certainly had his issues but he did win two ****les.
Time for him to come back in the fold and be part of the family again.

Just saw the clip after getting an ESPN App alert. He definitely said it. Marty was laughing.

I think that was FSU, 1992. I'll never forget that. He looked like he was going to take the field and kill someone himself.

Edit... I thought you were talking about Dennis...

Negative, it was the 1990 FSU game. Erickson was absolutely on fire that whole week. Didn't understand the rivalry in 1989 but that change when Bowden told him at the post-game hand shake to get used to losing to him.

Advertisement
I challenge anyone to watch that Erickson interview and not want to stand-up and cheer for that man...you know, the Cat that delivered 2 of the Canes 5 National Championships.

Additionally, After that FANTASTIC interview no one who is being honest can EVER suggest, hint or mumble that Coach Erickson is not all Cane.

You could have closed your eyes as he spoke and you would have thought that his words were coming from the most ardent, devoted, loyal Cane...EVER!!!

When that ESPN talking head lobbed in the negative "Catholics versus Convicts" insult and Dennis immediately shot back (paraphrasing)...I don't know who are the Convicts and who are the Catholics ...it was a shot heard 'round the college football world.

THANK YOU COACH ERICKSON...2 TIME CANES NATIONAL CHAMPION.

I still like Erickson. His problem here was that he basically lost his mind. The pressure of coaching at UM, plus Hurricane Andrew, drove him deep into the drink.

tumblr_lu40f78itj1qb0lcpo1_500.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back