Dennis erickson on sportscenter

Advertisement
The thing sometimes people forget is that many of us under 40 think of the Erickson coached Canes first when we remember our first real exposure to the program. Dude wasn't perfect but he did keep things rolling at a high enough level long enough to strongly influence an entire generation of fans not from South Florida.

Howard left us. JJ lost two NCs plus that ND game and left us, Coker managed to ONLY win one NC with a All Pro team for three years, so Denis left a mess AFTER he won TWO NCs. All our coaches had flaws so lets get over it. THE U has always been about the PLAYERS not the coaches or the school. Denis is fine.

Advertisement
I know he sort of let things get out of hand, but I'll always like him for one reason. My son was about ten when he was there and wrote him a fan letter. Kid was all Cane from the day he was born. To my surprise we got a nice letter back addressed to him, hand signed and he included several full sheets of Miami player trading cards and signed it personalize with Go Canes. Made my sons year.

He did let it slip, but I never doubted that his heart was in the right place. His teams were a lot of fun to watch.

Advertisement
Back