Demetrius Jackson The Forgotten Beast

Advertisement
D Jax has been a very solid player for us.

If he comes back from his injury in full form, he'll have a big year.

And he'll definitely be drafted - maybe in the middle rounds somewhere.

Donnell Harris could be the next quality Booker T DE at Miami in a couple years.

LOve DJax. ONly that’s held him back is injuries. If he can stay healthy he’ll have a huge senior season.

Advertisement
I hope our 4 d lineman on pass downs are Rosseau an Garvin at end an DJ and joe jackson at Dt thats scary

better be a long passing down, because it wouldnt be that difficult to pick up 10 on the ground with a wirey, thin DE on the interior. A double team/combo would completely nullify him and take linebackers out of the play.

better be a long passing down, because it wouldnt be that difficult to pick up 10 on the ground with a wirey, thin DE on the interior. A double team/combo would completely nullify him and take linebackers out of the play.
3rd an 12 comes up alot an joe jackson is listed at 6'6 265 thats about the same weight as DJ an there were times last year Amari Carter came up an played DT on 3rd downs last year sure Jackson would be fine

Advertisement
3rd an 12 comes up alot an joe jackson is listed at 6'6 265 thats about the same weight as DJ an there were times last year Amari Carter came up an played DT on 3rd downs last year sure Jackson would be fine

LOL...except Carter would drop into coverage, horrible example.

I wouldn't be mad at Odenigbo taking that other DT spot. I don't think anyone is 110% convinced that Ford or Bethel are ready yet.
Why wouldn’t they be? They have experience(bethel has played the last 2 years) and they are true sophomores and juniors. McIntosh and Norton manned the middle as true sophomores

Why wouldn’t they be? They have experience(bethel has played the last 2 years) and they are true sophomores and juniors. McIntosh and Norton manned the middle as true sophomores

I don't know if Bethel can hold up against the run in that "Norton" spot. And I am Jon Ford's biggest fan because I think he can be a beast but is he ready for primetime yet? Someone said he is a Daryl Gardner clone with his physique and I love the comparison.

Just saying if Ogdenibo grabs that other spot opposite Willis in 30 days of Fall camp we will know he is what the staff is looking for at that spot. Let the best man win.

Advertisement
I don't know if Bethel can hold up against the run in that "Norton" spot. And I am Jon Ford's biggest fan because I think he can be a beast but is he ready for primetime yet? Someone said he is a Daryl Gardner clone with his physique and I love the comparison.

Just saying if Ogdenibo grabs that other spot opposite Willis in 30 days of Fall camp we will know he is what the staff is looking for at that spot. Let the best man win.
Did you question mcintosh and Norton like this entering 2016? Same scenario except more experience with the 2018 group

I'm really pulling for this kid to have a strong season. If he's healthy and can produce at a high level, we'll have 5 DE's who can and should completely wreck **** coming off the edges.

Not really u should watch his highlights

He wasn't necessarily dropping into coverage he was playing more of a spy role. If they had him on the line rushing it was a crazy twist where he would back off and hit the open B or C gap on a blitz.

Advertisement
I love Garvin as a pass rusher, but I'm also giving him some room to develop other parts of his game!! No problem cheering him on, as he does contribute, but until I see him stuffing the run I wont crown him!

D Jax is a big kid, and is exactly what we need to help set the edge, with Chad9 moving on.

We can't afford to have two DE's flying upfield, leaving us exposed to simple off-tackle runs for big gains.

I am sure our new D Line coach is teaching our DEs to be well-rounded and disciplined against both the run and pass.
But yes a player like Garvin has to prove it on the field.

Did you question mcintosh and Norton like this entering 2016? Same scenario except more experience with the 2018 group

They'll all play a lot so it really doesn't matter who starts. Whereas McIntosh and Norton played a great majority of snaps the last 2 seasons, there should be a bit more rotating in 2018.

Under coach cool i was never impressed with our run defense against the better competition, with the exception of the notre shame game, i had enuff of watching true freshman runningbacks carve us up. Under coach simpson, our d-lines will be more sound in their technique. It's hard to get off the field on 3rd down when the other team can run when they want too.

Advertisement
Back