Demetrius jackson 2018 impact

brock

All-American
Was playing the best ball of any dlineman before he got hurt. Should have a great season this year

Advertisement
Him, joe Jax, Garvin, Rousseau, and Patchan is a nice group. Too bad we don’t have anything after them.

If he can get back to how he was playing before injury, the DL will have some savagetry going on.

I had this argument with many posters last year about people thinking we would be going 7 deep at DE. Most DEs only go 4 deep AT MOST. Even during our heyday we never went more then 4 deep. I couldn't tell you who Daniel Stubbs backup was. Bill Hawkins?

All we need is JJax, Garvin, DJax and Rosseau and/or Patchan to show up every Saturday and not get hurt and we are just fine.

That said, DJax has always to me been the most underrated player on our D. He can allow up to do so many things along our DL because of his versatility. Barring another injury he will have a great season, test well at the combine and get drafted. Having a guy who can play DE and DT and be really good at both is invaluable.

Advertisement
The D was noticeably worse after his injury , DJ is very underrated around here.

I get your point but most teams at least have bodies . Even just for the help at practice. I doubt many P5 teams have just 5 scholarship DEs on the roster.
True, I think McCray is working there as a 6th de too. We will see what happens I guess

Advertisement
Him, joe Jax, Garvin, Rousseau, and Patchan is a nice group. Too bad we don’t have anything after them.

If he can get back to how he was playing before injury, the DL will have some savagetry going on.

That's like saying Bill Gates has a few bucks put away. JJ, Garvin & Rosseau are elite & will be 1st rounders. We might be more loaded at DE than WR.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I remember him batting down a lot of balls over the last two years. Know he played basketball. Also slides inside on 3rd downs.

I had this argument with many posters last year about people thinking we would be going 7 deep at DE. Most DEs only go 4 deep AT MOST. Even during our heyday we never went more then 4 deep. I couldn't tell you who Daniel Stubbs backup was. Bill Hawkins?

All we need is JJax, Garvin, DJax and Rosseau and/or Patchan to show up every Saturday and not get hurt and we are just fine.

That said, DJax has always to me been the most underrated player on our D. He can allow up to do so many things along our DL because of his versatility. Barring another injury he will have a great season, test well at the combine and get drafted. Having a guy who can play DE and DT and be really good at both is invaluable.
Really hope Patchan can stay healthy

Advertisement
That's like saying Bill Gates has a few bucks put away. JJ, Garvin & Rosseau are elite & will be 1st rounders. We might be more loaded at DE than WR.
Little early to say Rosseau will be a first rounder. Dominating against our **** poor ol is one thing....doing it against top tier ol is another

As long as DJax comes back well from the injury, he'll be very productive for us this year.

He made a lot of plays for us on both the outside and the inside.

And we need him since we're so thin on the DL this year.

Not many have anything after their first 5 Des
Excellent point.

Of course, it's great to have depth at every position. However, 5 solid DE's is plenty enough to destroy opposing O-Lines. Anything over 5 or 6, it can almost become overkill.

When you start to rotate too many players, it because counterproductive. Its one thing to keep players fresh, but at no point should we sacrafice D-Line continuity, hence disrupting the rhythm of a player, just for the sake of getting another body in the game.

Advertisement
Back