Demetrius Henry on visit

Advertisement
Rumor is Deandre Burnett is with him on his visit, anyone know how to use the twitter machine?

Advertisement
Jmo, but i feel this year this kid makes or breaks our recruiting class.

W/o Henry, Elder or Griffin...Reed and Burnett are really good players. Henry would be a great addition but I don't think he makes or breaks this class.

I like Reed and Burnett a lot. i just feel that Henry has the offensive inside game we need here that could help Shane and Tonye next year.

Advertisement
Honestly I hope Elder and Griffin stick to football. Sorry to the Cane's BBall junkies but I hope these kids turn into NFL prospects and ditch the whole dual sport thing, its hard to succeed in both sports. Just look at David Thompson, I highly doubt that kid ever plays football and sticks to baseball, as he should. The kids a flat out baseball stud.

I hope Elder and Griffin turn out to be football studs, as they are supposed to be and don't look back. That being said, I hope Henry commits. We shoulda had him meet with Shane Larkin and Shane shoulda told Henry and Coach L he would stay if Henry and others hop on board for next year. Big time college basketball prospects dont need a year to develop to start. They hop on the team freshman year and make big impacts. Just look at all the Kentucky kids from last season (not this season obviously) and kids from Duke, Louisville, etc. They step in as freshmen and crush it. A great example is Brad Beal who went to Florida for a year, took em to the Elite 8 and then was a lottery pick in last seasons draft.

Honestly I hope Elder and Griffin stick to football. Sorry to the Cane's BBall junkies but I hope these kids turn into NFL prospects and ditch the whole dual sport thing, its hard to succeed in both sports. Just look at David Thompson, I highly doubt that kid ever plays football and sticks to baseball, as he should. The kids a flat out baseball stud.

I hope Elder and Griffin turn out to be football studs, as they are supposed to be and don't look back. That being said, I hope Henry commits. We shoulda had him meet with Shane Larkin and Shane shoulda told Henry and Coach L he would stay if Henry and others hop on board for next year. Big time college basketball prospects dont need a year to develop to start. They hop on the team freshman year and make big impacts. Just look at all the Kentucky kids from last season (not this season obviously) and kids from Duke, Louisville, etc. They step in as freshmen and crush it. A great example is Brad Beal who went to Florida for a year, took em to the Elite 8 and then was a lottery pick in last seasons draft.

Griffin is actually hire ranked as a basketball player on 24/7 composite than he is a football. So he is just as likely to turn into a great college basketball player as a great college football player. Corn Elder's first love is basketball as well. Plenty of people think if one of the two sports gets dropped its actually gonna be football with Elder.

If Steve Spurrier can make it work with Bruce Ellington, Golden and Coach L can make it work.

I dont know how much Elder can help the basketball team. Its a lot harder to do the 2 sport thing as guard.

Griffin is a beast I definitively hope he plays ball

Advertisement
Advertisement
And that Bo Jackson guy played sports where the seasons didn't overlap (in college).

Seasons, as in gametime, no, they didn't overlap, but baseball forces you to miss spring football, and football forces you to miss fall baseball, both of which are extremely important practice times.

Beal didn't take Florida to the elite 8, they played very well as a team. Beal underperformed at Florida and got drafted where he did based off his high school rep and potential. Henry is good but I don't think he's at Beal's talent level

Hey, can we get back to the origin of the post - what's the deal with Henry? Where do we stand? When is he deciding?

Advertisement
Back