DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to speak objectively here which I know is frowned upon on this site but here goes:

LSU has put two LB’s in the first round in the last couple years, one of them entirely because of a one game performance on national television.

Miami’s 2 best LB’s in the Diaz era were 4 year starters who went in the 4th round and undrafted, respectively.

If youre making a business decision, youre looking for the choice that shows what you want to do can in fact be done.

From that point, it’s pretty easy to sell LSU against UM, even if youre Blake Baker.

Advertisement
Best hope for good LB is the safety converts and the Strikers. I don't trust any LB outside of Flagg and I barley trust him.

that will be ok when we face the Noles minions RBs... but will be fatal vs beasty 225 pounders RBs and big up OLs

I get your point though ..with the ongoing ****** recruiting at the position

Going to speak objectively here which I know is frowned upon on this site but here goes:

LSU has put two LB’s in the first round in the last couple years, one of them entirely because of a one game performance on national television.

Miami’s 2 best LB’s in the Diaz era were 4 year starters who went in the 4th round and undrafted, respectively.

If youre making a business decision, youre looking for the choice that shows what you want to do can in fact be done.

From that point, it’s pretty easy to sell LSU against UM, even if youre Blake Baker.
And playing in the SEC over the ACC

I know we have missed on a lot of guys at LB, but I would be interested in seeing a complete list.

it’s easy to say Diaz and Patke aren’t good recruiters, but from the outside looking in the guys in the building love playing for the both of them.

Is it a scheme thing recruits don’t like? Something has to be going on more than these 2 guys sucking at recruiting which I think is debatable. Patke landed Smith last cycle and guys clamor their love for Diaz. Seems odd.
I'd like to know as well. You'd think kids would be lining up for some early playing time but we're not having any luck.

Advertisement
Who knows? Only thing I know is that his ranking is going to jump after his season but he’ll probably be at OU or somewhere like that by then
They were made the favorite by 247 before things opened back up but no OV and no UV. Kid has just been announcing offers and not going anywhere it seems. A manvel legend in King and another Houston kid in Flagg on the roster. Seemed like an easy take for a LB starved team. But what do I know. OU with two LB commits already too

Last edited:
that will be ok when we face the Noles minions RBs... but will be fatal vs beasty 225 pounders RBs and big up OLs

I get your point though ..with the ongoing ****** recruiting at the position
I know, any physical run first team with a good OL is going to give us fits. Best hope for the run defense is if we have elite DL play

Blake Baker selling LSU's LB performance compared to Miami is the equivalent of someone farting silently, then moving a few feet away and pointing at a random person in the previous area and blaming it on them.

Blake Baker selling LSU's LB performance compared to Miami is the equivalent of someone farting silently, then moving a few feet away and pointing at a random person in the previous area and blaming it on them.
I did that on a plane before and let me tell you man I was public enemy numero uno on that flight

Advertisement
There is a disconnect between the fan base and the coaching staff and we don’t know where the problem is because nobody here really knows what they have planned.
It seems like the staff is treating this recruiting cycle like we just made the playoffs last year and we were a few ticks of the clock away from going to the final game.
The problem is that the players that we are going after are being chased heavily by teams that have not only won but also have some huge booster bases and are notorious for their alternate means of obtaining players.
So if we lose out on Tolan and Wes can we flip Graham back from FSU? And if not then who else are we gonna replace them with. If Jackson decides he loves cactus more than palm trees who else is that fast at he position?
Every **** year we act like whoever is on staff has some plan that nobody is aware about. All these **** bat signals and teeets that amount to jack.
There are plenty of players left that are talented enough that we won’t care that Spells, or Graham didn’t sign with us.
Unfortunately losing Zane is gonna hurt a lot imo cause I think that dude is 1st rounder.
Lol disconnect??? There is no disconnect. Y'all just don't listen. Manny has been clear about the way we're treating recruiting. Even Jaccuri Brown recently said it in an interview. But hey, y'all can keep ignoring what's been said and go ahead and "panic".

Last edited:
Youre missing the larger point. It’s not about development. It’s about precedent and exposure coming from success on the national stage. LSU can point to a path to success for their LB’s. Unfortunately, Miami cannot.

Lol disconnect??? There is no disconnect. Y'all just don't listen. Manny has been clear about the way we're treating recruiting. Even Jaccurri Brown recently said it in an interview. But hey, y'all can keep ignoring what's been said and go ahead and "panic".
Do you think Manny has had enough success to do this with recruiting?

Advertisement
Hilarious that some idiots on here have any sort of faith in Manny ever winning more than offseason championships...

Looks like he can't even win those anymore with his dog **** recruiting this cycle, especially at the position he is supposed to be "known for" yet has never landed or developed anyone worth a ****...

Does Dabo have trouble landing WRs?

Does Saban have trouble landing DBs?

Does Riley have trouble landing QBs?

Does Mario (who those same idiots seem to hate for some reason) have trouble landing OL?

Lets just keep wasting years of our lives hoping the old mayor of Miami's son can figure out how to not be an embarrassment at our expense...

Can't wait till Blake James and Manny Diaz are gone...

"What must be done eventually, must be done immediately"

SO LET IT BURN!!!

Im gonna guess you dont like Manny since that's all you ever post about lol

I know we have missed on a lot of guys at LB, but I would be interested in seeing a complete list.

1. Justin Flowe - who I’m convinced we had until we **** ourselves against FIU, Duke, and tech
2. Keyshawn Green - busssst
3. Romello Height

1. Anthony Solomon

that’s it for guys who OV’ed here and played LB who didn’t end up committing from 2016-2020

it’s easy to say Diaz and Patke aren’t good recruiters, but from the outside looking in the guys in the building love playing for the both of them.

Is it a scheme thing recruits don’t like? Something has to be going on more than these 2 guys sucking at recruiting which I think is debatable. Patke landed Smith last cycle and guys clamor their love for Diaz. Seems odd.
Respectfully “guys in the building love playing for both of them” is irrelevant. Just because players personally like a coach doesn’t mean they are good coaches or that they develop and get the best out of their players. All things being equal “love for” your coach helps but otherwise other factors are much more important.

Advertisement

And none of them were recruited or coached by anyone on that staff right now.
So can someone please make up their **** minds in here!
Is it coaching or not? The snot development or just simply stacking talent and then taking credit for it? Cause aranda and whoever was there coaching those guys aren’t there anymore.

We just put 2 defensive ends in the first round and aren’t landing Jones. And all the visits and pow wows haven’t made Stewart or Kelley commit.
Baker made this defense look atrocious but because lsu put some dudes in the draft that’s gonna make tolan forget what Baker did?
Recruiters and position coaches aren’t deciding where these kids are going apparently.
There is literally no one on here who can say Tolan isn’t a take so let’s not start the spin.
So we go back to either bags or wins and you can’t land the kids without winning so how tf do land kids like tolan when even a sht *** coach like baker
Elite kids are committing to oos schools but we can’t land the elite kids in our **** state and not too mention the **** county.
I kept saying covid was an excuse for other teams not landing the kids we did last year but it’s looking like it was a legit excuse.

Youre missing the larger point. It’s not about development. It’s about precedent and exposure coming from success on the national stage. LSU can point to a path to success for their LB’s. Unfortunately, Miami cannot.

And Miami can point to the fact that LSU's recent LB success occurred when either Bo Pelini was the DC/LB coach or before that, Dave Aranda was the DC/LB coach. One of those two is a former HC and the other is currently a HC. Blake Baker got demoted from his DC/LB coach job at Miami and the LBs took a MASSIVE step backwards when Baker took over LB coaching duties from Manny Diaz. We had LBs that were all-ACC when Diaz was the LB coach, and after only a year under Baker's tutelage, Miami's LB corps suddenly looked like one of the worst LB groups in D1 football. So they have that to look forward to at LSU.

Last edited:
Lol disconnect??? There is no disconnect. Y'all just don't listen. Manny has been clear about the way we're treating recruiting. Even Jaccurri Brown recently said it in an interview. But hey, y'all can keep ignoring what's been said and go ahead and "panic".
So tolan wasn’t a take? Cause manny said they’re taking their time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back