DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that NIL has been a HUGE advantage for Miami! People just falling all over themselves to jump on board!!
It's not going to win every battle. No one said it would. I personally don't think alot of kids even care.

Advertisement
What "high caliber" players within driving distance are leaving? This is a swing for the fence year IMO. Our backyard is weak
Graham goes to stranahan and if some Tampa kids are better than he is lmk. I’m talking players in general. Going after Graves and fegans and letting spells bounce. Going after bear and Lucas and Zane dipping to pedophile U while Tarber and Lyons are right here. Saying Armella has issues while going after Hood, Nelson, and Snoop.
Richardson goes to central and is from Tallahassee.

Advertisement
It's not going to win every battle. No one said it would. I personally don't think alot of kids even care.
While I do remember posters saying this would even the playing field with the $EC (and I agree as well)...nobody gave a timetable on that either. I dont think any of us thought it would render immediate dividends because these HS kids dont really even know what it truly means yet.

Give it 1-2 classes where college kids can really show what this NIL thing can do for them off the field and then I think we will start seeing kids say they are coming to UM because they want to build their brand and Miami is the best place to do it. Too soon right now for that kind of talk from HS kids when this just dropped 2 weeks ago.

Advertisement
Getting away from crootin Fla this class may backfire...

Fla isn't that good this class. Not much of a choice there. We all knew this would be a very interesting class....our advantage is our location, obviously. SFL is the hottest hotbed of football talent on the planet. 2022 just happens to be a bit of a down year. Doesn't mean there isn't talent, of course there is. Just not as many of the elite elite elite prospects. So, you have to branch out. Expand your footprint in the state and nationally.

Not saying there's any excuses. You have to sign a good class, I don't care what the circumstances are. Just saying that you can't say that getting away from recruiting Florida (as generally inaccurate as that is, but I feel you) was a decision. More of a necessity.

Advertisement
Patke is so frickin useless
Hey, broski! Be careful!!! If you are going to knock Patke the LB coach, you better first put some respect on Patke's name as a special team's grandmaster guru.

Never forget that Patke is personally responsible for teaching Jose Borregales proper field goal kicking technique. Before Patke molded Borregales into the kicking adonis we all saw on display last season, the kid could barely go 3 for 3 with 2 50 yarders against Miami! If that's not enough, Patke the Peerless even managed to convince Jose's younger brother to come to UM, demonstrating never-before-seen skill in landing Andres from 6 miles off campus, as all signs indicated he was interested in following in his brother's footsteps... to the more local FIU, presumably.

And before Hedley had ever even thought of getting his first tattoo, the prolific Patke was in the lab mastering the intricate details of the drop-kick punt. You think Hedley learned to kick that way while working with some private punting coach or playing Aussie Rules football? Nah, it was all Patke.

Let's not even get into the man's cutting-edge kick/punt coverage schemes that will revolutionize college football once these other worthless coaches recruit their positions half as well as Patke and give him the manpower he needs to dominate. Everyone on CIS knows that if anyone at all on this team could just field a punt, Patke's intricate blocking patterns would have us in the end zone more than any team in the ACC.

As far as ST coaches go, he's practically a UM icon.

I'm just sharing what many close to the program have said about Patke. Richt, himself, promoted Patke to DC to keep Manny from stealing him for his Temple staff.

His coaching ability can be debated but we will know after this year if his purported ability to develop is warranted. Let's see how the LBs perform (same players, same scheme). I'm hoping for considerable improvement...
Patke knows X and O’s, is liked by the players. Hasn’t figured out totally on how to transition his X and Os knowledge into getting through to the players, probably because he’s to nice. He isn’t a good recruiter, but with some of Mannys old staff gone he doesn’t bother me as much.
His jump from off field coach to position coach a few years back was a bit unnerving and that’s on Richt.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back