DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Ish is supposed to be some great recruiter but so far I haven't seen him linked to anyone really outside WB and who knows if he's coming. Having Patke as the lb coach is obviously killing us right now, he should have stayed at striker. God ******* damnit.
Having Patke on this staff has killed us for a while

Advertisement
We miss on Jackson then it’s time to start asking questions. Our LB’s suck, playing time is going to be there.

A reasonable take. Boo this man. There is no room for that kind of rational view here.

Ish is supposed to be some great recruiter but so far I haven't seen him linked to anyone really outside WB and who knows if he's coming. Having Patke as the lb coach is obviously killing us right now, he should have stayed at striker. God ******* damnit.
Not just that but Ish is from Orlando just like Tolan. He was practically hired to win that battle & couldn't smh.

We've seen many coaches kill it on the trail with bag support only to come here and struggle.J.Coley was a killer at FSU then came here and was a joke.

Poor recruiting + an 8-4 season should send Manure packing. Lot of time left, but the fat lady has begun testing out those vocals
Define "poor recruiting" pls.

Our overall recruiting relative to our on-the-field performance has been very good. We have recruited poorly at LB and CB. Manny made the changes necessary to improve our CB recruiting and we should all be pleased with what TRob and DVD will likely bring in. LB recruiting is a completely different story and describing it as "poor" might be kind. Atrocious is a better word.

With that said, the inability of Manny to improve his recruiting at the LB spot coupled with an 8-4 record will not result in a firing. No way.

I'm not saying he should retain his job. I'm saying nobody will fire him for those reasons alone and the BOT will give him more time to elevate the program. There are too many "other" factors at play.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Patke is so frickin useless
Not sure he is useless. We already know he is not a good recruiter. That isn't new news. Patke's value is the purported ability to coach and develop talent. We will all find out this year if that is true.

Ish, on the other hand, was hired because of his recruiting prowess and he is from Orlando with strong contacts.

Define "poor recruiting" pls.

Our overall recruiting relative to our on-the-field performance has been very good. We have recruited poorly at LB and CB. Many made the changes necessary to improve our CB recruiting and we should all be pleased with what TRob and DVD will likely bring in. LB recruiting is a completely different story and describing it as "poor" might be kind. Atrocious is better word.

With that said, the inability of Many to improve his recruiting at the LB spot coupled with an 8-4 record will not result in a firing. No way.

I'm not saying he should retain his job. I'm saying nobody will fire him for those reasons alone and the BOT will give him more time to elevate the program. There are too many "other" factors at play.
One thing I've learned over the years is Karma is a *****.How crazy would it be if miami struggles this year and Diaz gets fired and the LBs are the main reason,the unit he was responsible for as the DC would be what bites him in the ***.

Not sure he is useless. We already know he is not a good recruiter. That isn't new news. Patke's value is the purported ability to coach and develop talent. We will all find out this year if that is true.

Ish, on the other hand, was hired because of his recruiting prowess and he is from Orlando with strong contacts.
Aside from our kicking and punting last year, special teams sucked once again.

Advertisement
Aside from our kicking and punting last year, special teams sucked once again.
I'm just sharing what many close to the program have said about Patke. Richt, himself, promoted Patke to DC to keep Manny from stealing him for his Temple staff.

His coaching ability can be debated but we will know after this year if his purported ability to develop is warranted. Let's see how the LBs perform (same players, same scheme). I'm hoping for considerable improvement...

I’m not talking about only this state. The playoff schools all go after the same players. Jackson and tolan were 3 star players until recently. Idk if the players you’re talking about are way underrated or not. But we’re swinging for the fences like we always do while high caliber players within driving distance keep leaving. We better channel our inner PED Sossa Maguire because trying to say we’re gonna be in contention in 23 or 24 while recruiting our plan c guys that aren’t on any upper tier squad’s radar is a stretch.
What "high caliber" players within driving distance are leaving? This is a swing for the fence year IMO. Our backyard is weak

Advertisement
I'm just sharing what many close to the program have said about Patke. Richt, himself, promoted Patke to DC to keep Manny from stealing him for his Temple staff.

His coaching ability can be debated but we will know after this year if his purported ability to develop is warranted. Let's see how the LBs perform (same players, same scheme). I'm hoping for considerable improvement...
That’s all fine and dandy but by the time we see how good our linebackers play all of our lb targets will be committed and I wouldn’t hold my breath with any kid from central regardless what anybody in here says.

Scared Season 1 GIF by FOX TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back