DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Manny evaluated them and signed them.
You're trying too hard. Is Baker going to pretend like that wasn't his unit? Pointing to bad LB play at Miami is pointing a gun at his own head. It is a poor tactic. Sell playing big time football and being in the SEC. Don't point to past failings to use as an advantage.

Last edited:
Fleetwood Mac Drinking GIF

Following recruiting for 25 years at the U. I cannot recall a worse stretch for recruiting LBs by any Coach. And I'm a Manny fan - not huge, but I support him and am taking a wait and see approach. That said, Coker, Shannon, Golden (yes Golden), all have recruited LBs better than him during his tenure at DC and HC. I really don't get it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
THESE SEC schools have brainwashed and convinced kids that the only way to play bigtime football is to play in the SEC. That is their selling point when they go head to head with schools not in SEC.

That CB from Tampa a few years ago chose South Carolina over Miami because he wanted to play in the SEC. Until teams other than Clemson rise up to play at a top 10-15 level, then we will continue to battle this. You can tell from Tolan's comment that is what LSU is pushing. "You are too good to waste your talents in the crappy ACC young buck. It's very shortsighted but it is what it is. The ACC schools traditionally still stock the NFL, and are across the board much better academically than SEC SCHOOLS.

Even though you have suck teams like South Carolina, Mizzou, Tennessee, Vandy, Ole Miss, MIss St., Arkansas, Kentucky all throughout the conference these kids don't see it. They see Alabama winning all these NC's, and ESPN hyping up teams like UGA, uf, LSU, etc..

Miami has a HUGE need at LB, you get to live in Miami not Baton Rouge, you have this big NIL deal, LB's put up big numbers in Manny's scheme, these kids just don't get it.

Blake Baker: "Why would you want to go to Miami? The last couple of years it looked like their DC was mildly retarded and their LBs were totally lost all the time."

Tolan: "Hey, wait a minute.... Weren't you the DC and LB coach at Miami the last couple of years?"

Blake Baker: "Uhhhhh.... nope, that wasn't me. You've confused me with my incompetent twin brother, Drake Baker. Common mistake."

Advertisement
THESE SEC schools have brainwashed and convinced kids that the only way to play bigtime football is to play in the SEC. That is their selling point when they go head to head with schools not in SEC.

That CB from Tampa a few years ago chose South Carolina over Miami because he wanted to play in the SEC. Until teams other than Clemson rise up to play at a top 10-15 level, then we will continue to battle this. You can tell from Tolan's comment that is what LSU is pushing. "You are too good to waste your talents in the crappy ACC young buck. It's very shortsighted but it is what it is. The ACC schools traditionally still stock the NFL, and are across the board much better academically than SEC SCHOOLS.

Even though you have suck teams like South Carolina, Mizzou, Tennessee, Vandy, Ole Miss, MIss St., Arkansas, Kentucky all throughout the conference these kids don't see it. They see Alabama winning all these NC's, and ESPN hyping up teams like UGA, uf, LSU, etc..

Miami has a HUGE need at LB, you get to live in Miami not Baton Rouge, you have this big NIL deal, LB's put up big numbers in Manny's scheme, these kids just don't get it.
We need to do a better job of filling the stadium. Its a tough crowd for all south florida teams but now that NIL is a factor attendance needs to provide that gameday atmosphere to compete with the SEC.

I skipped around on this and the 3 guys didn't provide any concrete information on recruiting. Bunch of I don't know what happened with Durant and talking about Spells like he was at the top of the board. Ivins said Miami had pulled even with LSU after Tolan's OV here. Lake and Gaby picked LSU for Tolan based on nothing and Lake only did it because Gaby did. That product is bad.

I skipped around on this and the 3 guys didn't provide any concrete information on recruiting. Bunch of I don't know what happened with Durant and talking about Spells like he was at the top of the board. Ivins said Miami had pulled even with LSU after Tolan's OV here. Lake and Gaby picked LSU for Tolan based on nothing and Lake only did it because Gaby did. That product is bad.
Ivins, Stock, and Lake are three of the biggest jokes out there. Idk anything about this Gaby dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back