DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Hedley was a great find by Hartley, kid was out playing juco in California and Hartley flew out to see him. He didn’t exactly fall in our lap.

I am not taking anything away from Hartley. I wish he was still on staff for recruiting. I was reading an interview with Hedley and he said that when he told his friends he wanted to play college football, they told him he should play for Miami (he wanted tropical weather like Bali) and he was Miami bound as soon as he got the offer from Hartley. One way or another, good for Hartley to reach out. Still, Hedley made it sound like it didn't matter who on staff offered, he was going to pick Miami.

That "big time" football comment does rattle me a bit. These kids are obsessed with SEC ball. Demario, take a step back and look at the way LSU is trending and the state of their program right now with all of the turmoil. They no longer have their best QB and OC and WR in program history and they aren't getting them back. Last year was more so the norm for them than the year before.

Advertisement
He found Curtis and recruited him, not sure if he was mentioned
I believe Patke recruits primarily the southwest Florida area. When ever I see local coaches talking miami, on Twitter, they usually mention him.

Too many quality posters defending Patke. I grouped him with Baker and Rumph but will gladly take the L that I was wrong on him. I loved the JHH, Cave and especially Chase Smith adds. If he was the guy that scouted and landed them, he had an eye for talent. Hope he lands Tolan and Jackson as our LBs in the class. Studs.

Too many quality posters defending Patke. I grouped him with Baker and Rumph but will gladly take the L that I was wrong on him. I loved the JHH, Cave and especially Chase Smith adds. If he was the guy that scouted and landed them, he had an eye for talent. Hope he lands Tolan and Jackson as our LBs in the class. Studs.
You weren't wrong about Patke.

Arguing coaches recruiting skills. On a Tolan thread.

50% clearly don't know what the **** they're talking about, and the other half decidedly don't know what they're talking about.

This is great!

Why do you think shows like American Idol are as popular as they are? Sitting in judgement over people who are exponentially more talented than you is an amazing feeling for most people.

Advertisement
That "big time" football comment does rattle me a bit. These kids are obsessed with SEC ball. Demario, take a step back and look at the way LSU is trending and the state of their program right now with all of the turmoil. They no longer have their best QB and OC and WR in program history and they aren't getting them back. Last year was more so the norm for them than the year before.
it stands out to me, too . Like I said earlier in the thread, Baker as a recruiter doesn't worry me at all. It's convenient Tolan had a relationship there from Baker's time at Miami. LSU sells itself to these kids... All the outside stuff going on there now likely won't phase them a bit....

That locker-room is a mess - no control by Ed O. They're going to lose two starters off their Oline because they can't control their weed habit. One went out into the portal yesterday instead of staying and dealing with the consequences... They expect the second one any day.

They want Tolan. Hopefully they won't pull out all stops to get him.

pretty interesting cooney was in orlando taking over 5 days before tolan commits who’s also from orlando 🤔

Attachments

• CAA54596-2E95-4016-8B33-714F8D10026E.png
    CAA54596-2E95-4016-8B33-714F8D10026E.png
    970.8 KB · Views: 215
Advertisement
I’m about as antisocial media as it comes, so generally I agree with this sentiment. But isn’t tweeting, and social media as a whole, a large part of recruiting? Isn’t stuff like this a part of what most collegiate staffs do?
exactly it’s true commits mean nothing unless they sign but then what’s the point of recruiting and taking commits if they supposedly “don’t matter” tweets and posts are what make recruiting fun and without them there really is no recruiting just signing day

Advertisement
exactly it’s true commits mean nothing unless they sign but then what’s the point of recruiting and taking commits if they supposedly “don’t matter” tweets and posts are what make recruiting fun and without them there really is no recruiting just signing day
Nothing wrong with coaches tweeting but we constantly post stupid **** like Cooney Spells tweet only for him to commit to WVU lol I remember we had coaches tweeting at Marco Wilson this morning he committed to UF lol Constantly looking like clowns.

How would you rank the three guys based off potential in this scheme between, Jackson, Tolan, and Wesley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back