DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
THE U…🙌🏿
9509F5E6-40CD-41BD-A188-09EEF00D628F.jpeg

DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB​

Advertisement
LSU just put up a mock class with Tolan in it as LB. According to the write up, they feel his OV really put them over the top and they just had to weather his OV to Miami this weekend. Given he hasn't gone public with anything, their feeling is Baker will double down on his efforts to close it out over the next couple of weeks.

I'm not sure Baker is the biggest hurdle - it's more the allure of the SEC and what Tolan called "big time football" in his interview with Ivins.

Advertisement
We’re about to miss out on Wes and Tolan aren’t we?
People are crazy if they think we land the above and the kid from Nebraska.

FSU is recruiting better at the LB position and I would be surprised to see them land WB. I think Tolan is between LSU and CU

Advertisement

FSU is recruiting better at the LB position and I would be surprised to see them land WB. I think Tolan is between LSU and CU
I thought, regarding Tolan, the Clemson 247 mod just today said they were going in a different direction. Not sure where you are getting that from.

They’re recruiting better at the LB position because they got a guy that is at a minimum 4th on Miami’s board and people weren’t sure was a take? I tend to agree when Jackson, WB and Tolan are the targets. The Clemson 247 person already said Clemson isn’t really in it

Advertisement
Not a mope. Manny and staff haven’t landed a priority LB in 6 recruiting cycles. The evaluation and development have been poor to put it nicely.

There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
So you think the LB coach/DC that was on Manny's staff and is now at LSU is one favorite along with Clemson when their own 247 person says they're out of it?

Not a mope. Manny and staff haven’t landed a priority LB in 6 recruiting cycles. The evaluation and development have been poor to put it nicely.

Oh and you're wrong on not landing a "priority LB" too. We can get into whether they should've been priority but Brooks, Huff and Steed were all guys that the previous staff under Manny targeted from the jump. Huff was ranked higher in 247's individual rankings than Tolan, Jackson and Bissainthe

They went from Banda to Patke...

the funny part is they are Manny disciples and most of the guys like Manny.

Sh*t is weird..

I'm not a Patke fan, felt he was in over his head. Loved Banda in the end, may end up feeling the same about Patke. But Banda took 4 years to really unwind. Love where he ended up with Tae, Kinchens and JW. But feels like too long learning curve for a Top P5 team like Miami. Are we willing to take 2 more years for Patke to be "that guy"?

Advertisement
Oh and you're wrong on not landing a "priority LB" too. We can get into whether they should've been priority but Brooks, Huff and Steed were all guys that the previous staff under Manny targeted from the jump. Huff was ranked higher in 247's individual rankings than Tolan, Jackson and Bissainthe
And they’ve done what again? Development not there. Injuries hurt Steed, but Brooks doesn’t play like power 5 worthy LB. Has Huff played a snap on defense?

No lie detected...

I'm not a Patke fan, felt he was in over his head. Loved Banda in the end, may end up feeling the same about Patke. But Banda took 4 years to really unwind. Love where he ended up with Tae, Kinchens and JW. But feels like too long learning curve for a Top P5 team like Miami. Are we willing to take 2 more years for Patke to be "that guy"?
I don't think Patke is on the staff for his recruiting ability. More of an X's and O's guy who can scheme and develop players. At least that's my understandIng. I have little to no expectation on his ability to connect with recruits. That's where Ish and others need to step in.

I can live with that if we see elevated play from the LBs this year. If not, then Manny will have to make a move...

And they’ve done what again? Development not there. Injuries hurt Steed, but Brooks doesn’t play like power 5 worthy LB. Has Huff played a snap on defense?
Brooks has been hurt too. Sometimes he has played through it. Others time not. Huff had an academic redshirt his first year I believe and is built like a tall safety. Not ready. Doesn't change what you said about not landing priority targets. Just isn't true. They haven't gotten enough but they aint 0fer either

You started with bad information as we know it today regarding Clemson and threw Baker's previous ineptitude out there like he isn't the guy currently recruiting Tolan for LSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back