DeMario Tolan, 2022 LB offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
good film but why do you like him that much more than WB? Curious.
Also, what is tolan’s legit speed?
I would say Clemson is recruiting Tolan and not Wesley.Maybe Wesley is not the monster we were told he was.

Oh man. This kid is good. I never should watch these kids before they actually commit because I can get my hopes up. I have been told this is a bit of a down year for LB, but this kid is the goods.

Getting this kid and Wesley B. would be an overnight room change at LB.

Oh man. This kid is good. I never should watch these kids before they actually commit because I can get my hopes up. I have been told this is a bit of a down year for LB, but this kid is the goods.

Getting this kid and Wesley B. would be an overnight room change at LB.
It is but if we land our priority guys then we should have our best class in a couple years.

Advertisement
Not taking anything away from this guy as an Athlete but he’s a transfer to DP from Tojo High School that plays much lesser comp than DP (ie Apopka, Oak Ridge, Edgewater, Olympia, etc). I’d be more interested in his film from the fall lineup now that he’s at DP. Just a note from a local around this way.

Not taking anything away from this guy as an Athlete but he’s a transfer to DP from Tojo High School that plays much lesser comp than DP (ie Apopka, Oak Ridge, Edgewater, Olympia, etc). I’d be more interested in his film from the fall lineup now that he’s at DP. Just a note from a local around this way.
Where do you get your lemon pepper wings?

Advertisement
I stopped paying attention to this kid after his move to Orlando, about the same time the bag schools got involved (sorry, I got ptsd lol). I just checked out his film and MANNNN that's what you want to see in a LB. Fast, physical, smart!

If we land Wesley B, Tolan, Devon Jackson at LB, I'm leaving Patke alone! That's an ELITE haul.

good film but why do you like him that much more than WB? Curious.
Also, what is tolan’s legit speed?
Just watched tolan’s highlights. Love his film. Here’s what i see - diagnoses fast, plays downhill, closes fast and hard, nose for ball, good, confident tackler, likes contact, physical, covers ground, lateral and vertical. Quick, has size, looks like an old school lb at um. Thought of ray watching some of those clips.

WB to me is more about coverage, speed, mobility, elite athlete, smooth runner, can diagnose, cover, close ground, sideline to sideline. Both are great looking prospects. Different games though at this stage.

Advertisement
Just watched tolan’s highlights. Love his film. Here’s what i see - diagnoses fast, plays downhill, closes fast and hard, nose for ball, good, confident tackler, likes contact, physical, covers ground, lateral and vertical. Quick, has size, looks like an old school lb at um. Thought of ray watching some of those clips.

WB to me is more about coverage, speed, mobility, elite athlete, smooth runner, can diagnose, cover, close ground, sideline to sideline. Both are great looking prospects. Different games though at this stage.

you described 2 pretty **** good prospects. Lol

I am a sucker for a 6-3 LB that can run and that is tolan. Even though he’s lighter, WB has a very dynamic game - can thump and can cover flats.

Change of direction is elite! Dude was running routes like a wideout and cutting while running like a back.

Advertisement

Man, don't be ridiculous. Toho just opened in 2018, it's not even at its full size yet. Kid would be an Osceola Kowboy if not for the new school being built. Should we not take Zane Durant either, because he goes to Lake Nona?

Yes, some of the schools you mentioned are huge 8A schools in central Orlando or Seminole County (or at the Orange-Seminole line, so they can't build any new schools nearby), and some of the newer schools have been built to be smaller. But Orlando has good competition at many different school-size levels.

Bottom line, Tolan is fast and hits hard, and those traits are not impacted by his competition.

Man, don't be ridiculous. Toho just opened in 2018, it's not even at its full size yet. Kid would be an Osceola Kowboy if not for the new school being built. Should we not take Zane Durant either, because he goes to Lake Nona?

Yes, some of the schools you mentioned are huge 8A schools in central Orlando or Seminole County (or at the Orange-Seminole line, so they can't build any new schools nearby), and some of the newer schools have been built to be smaller. But Orlando has good competition at many different school-size levels.

Bottom line, Tolan is fast and hits hard, and those traits are not impacted by his competition.
Didn’t say one word about not taking him. I said wait and see how he stacks up against another school that isn’t Bishop Moore (my alma) or a Freedom.

also, wekiva high was built not too long ago so there goes your theory about not being able to build. The area is predicted to be the size of DFW inside of 5 years so expect more to pop up soon.

Didn’t say one word about not taking him. I said wait and see how he stacks up against another school that isn’t Bishop Moore (my alma) or a Freedom.

also, wekiva high was built not too long ago so there goes your theory about not being able to build. The area is predicted to be the size of DFW inside of 5 years so expect more to pop up soon.

Oh good lord...I've lived in Orlando for over 40 years, so I absolutely know what I'm talking about here.

Wekiva opened in 2007. It has already reached the student size it was built for. If they EXPAND the physical building, they can take more students. Toho is different, it opened 3 years ago and is not yet at full capacity. Don't BS we with "there goes your theory" nonsense, I know about all of these schools. I went to Lake Brantley, I **** sure know the class size was able to grow when the building was rebuilt. I also know how it took Lake Mary High School 3 years to grow to a full campus, as the school opened with ONLY 9th and 10th graders.

Look, you clearly didn't understand what I was saying. You don't just open up a new high school and it becomes an 8A school overnight. You take some of the students from another school, and then the size builds as new homes are constructed within the school district. The Toho school district in north Osceola is going to grow due to Lake Nona spillover. This isn't complicated, I've watched it happen in Orlando for decades (compared to, say, Miami, which is largely built out, except for the southern and western boundaries of Dade County).

But, sure, we should slow-play a kid because he lives in the school zone of a newly-constructed high school...

1624897873059.png

Sounding good for this kid. Can’t imagine Blake Baker beating out this staff for a kid in-state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back