DeMarcus Van Dyke

Advertisement
Agree w about every name on that list except Cooper Jr. Don’t get why him over a DVD (wouldn’t want either)? Grew up around the falls, but went to AHD for hs. Never coached DBs at the collegiate level, and only did hs at a small private in broward that never gets recruits. I agree that we need a legit recruiter.
He's at Baylor now & doing a good job there.

Again, ivey played well the entire year, a few miscommunication issues, but the fact you calling what happened in that G-tech game a "debacle" is comical, that play only tied the game up, so in essence the score was back to zero zero. If you think G-tech called that fake punt and pass out the blue, you dont know or understand football, again, they had ivey playing short and the coaches were counting on either a run fake or a short pass, in the history of you watching football when have you ever seen a punter throw a bomb, they wasnt even looking to throw it short because they had already seen our coverage alignments post snap on short field punts before, and knew it would come open at some point, if you think its on ivey than maybe that's the only game you saw this year. But i understand, you dont understand player development, if you think ivey is slow, ok, have at it lol:

Ayyeee....I appreciate the plug

Enough of the inexperienced trial runs. Im sure they’ll get rid of Stubbs and promote Cooney. It’s a joke. We have 3 guys on defense already whose previous job was a HS coach or a GA. That needs to be upgraded.

Look at UCFs DB coach who is out recruiting us. Manny could use his connection to Duane Akina and bring his *** here if he would leave and if not I’m sure he’s got a good list of quality coaches.

I will agree that we need someone proven in Florida. The entire defensive staff sucks in Florida and are from Texas. We need a black coach who is gonna be able to go into the inner city and relate to these kids and their families.

Mike Rumph: a black man from Florida.

JUST. STOP.

Advertisement
@Liberty City El @Coach Macho what are your thoughts on DVD? If we let go of Rumph I could see him being promoted. Do you think he would do well in recruiting in SFla or have similar results to Rumph?

Any S Fla names you can think of that would be homerun hires at WR or CB coach that are realistic?
Oh boy, I can't wait to hire former canes to watch this board trash them when the team loses

We've had some pretty **** good DBs...Some doing well in the NFL....My point is DB recruiting and coaching should be the last thing to gripe about....

Who are these CBs you speak of who are doing well in the NFL.

To the mouth breathing ethnicity obsessed south florida obsessed geniuses: Mike Rumph is a bad coach and horrendous recruiter. Yes he’s black and yes he’s from Florida. Doesnt mean you have to defend him no matter what, its pathetic.

I’m so sick of this fan base wanting and thinking we have to have a “Miami guy” every time an opportunity arises. It has gotten us absolutely nowhere. DVD would have absolutely ZERO business being promoted to full time DB coach if we were to axe Rumph. We need veterans on the field and staff and we would replace one young coach with subpar recruiting ability with another 1st timer? Do you see how terrible that sounds!?

We need at least 2 or 3 coaches that have good to strong relationships in South Florida and translate that into recruiting successes. We have Field and Hickson we need one more for Dade County

Advertisement
I promise everyone...Mike is more than capable of coaching a NC DB group...He learned from UMs best DB coach ever...

And Randy Shannon learned from Jimmy Johnson. How was he as HC?

If Rumph was a white dude from New York you’d detest him. It’s 2019, the whole tribalism **** for FOOTBALL COACHES is so pathetic.

I'm against it.

Idk how TF I got dragged into this but I've never once suggested we replace Rumph with DVD.

If we were to replace Rumph I would go after guys like Wesley McGriff, Corey Bell, Corey Ford, Donté Williams, T-Rob, Evan Cooper Jr or Van Malone. There's plenty of options. I'm NOT saying he should be fired, but he can be replaced.

But in all honesty I'm legit tired of talking about it, he majority of this board actually believes that the CB coach has no say in CB recruiting but will simultaneously give him credit for landing prospects he allegedly doesn't get to decide if we recruit & offer them lol.

At this point I simply don't care, we're never going to have elite CB's here & that's just what it is, whatever excuses people want to make for why that is, is just fine with me, I just don't give a sh*t anymore lol.

And NO I don't want Rumph fired for the record, but we absolutely could use an actual recruiter on Defense, if that's not too much to ask for lol.

Lol I dragged you into it, my bad 😀

If Rumph was never a cane great he would still be coaching Hs and no one would have ever heard of him.

He sucks at coaching and recruiting.

When was the last time we saw a db turn his head around?

Our DBs are poorly coached.

Advertisement
Rumph is the best defensive position coach we have. Not smart to get rid of him. Yes he had a down year but I would fire him especially without a top notch replacement.

Based on what? His skin color and hometown?

He’s as bad as the other horrendous coaches we have.

And Randy Shannon learned from Jimmy Johnson. How was he as HC?

If Rumph was a white dude from New York you’d detest him. It’s 2019, the whole tribalism **** for FOOTBALL COACHES is so pathetic.
No....Randy did not learn from JJ...he was nothing but a LBer Asst coach with the Fins...It was Butch who taught Shannon the majority about Defense....Ask Randy (as I have)...

Advertisement
Who are these CBs you speak of who are doing well in the NFL.

To the mouth breathing ethnicity obsessed south florida obsessed geniuses: Mike Rumph is a bad coach and horrendous recruiter. Yes he’s black and yes he’s from Florida. Doesnt mean you have to defend him no matter what, its pathetic.
Shut the F up....

No....Randy did not learn from JJ...he was nothing but a LBer Asst coach with the Fins...It was Butch who taught Shannon the majority about Defense....Ask Randy (as I have)...

You said Rumph learned from the best DB coach ever. In other words when he was a player.

Get it? I know it required some legit nuanced thought to understand the comparison, but shockingly, it went over your head.

You said Rumph learned from the best DB coach ever. In other words when he was a player.

Get it? I know it required some legit nuanced thought to understand the comparison, but shockingly, it went over your head.
Rumph learnt from my cousin Chuck Pagano...Mike is a close friend...as are most of the DBs from 95-2003...run along....Dont need UM lessons from you, or for that matter...anyone on this board...

Rumph learnt from my cousin Chuck Pagano...Mike is a close friend...as are most of the DBs from 95-2003...run along....Dont need UM lessons from you, or for that matter...anyone on this board...

ok again let me explain it to you:

Mike’s coach was chuck Pagano.

Randy’s coach was Jimmy Johnson.

Being coached by greats, as a player, has no bearing on someone’s ability to be a coach themselves.

We’ll go over shapes and colors next week...

Advertisement
Back