Demarcus Christmas commits to FSU

Looks like each of the Big 3 will be getting a top DT from Florida.

Christmas - FSU
Valentine - UF
Clark - Miami

Yep. Not even sure why there's a thread about this. Congrats to the Noles on getting a top-rated DT, but Miami never had a serious shot here so this shouldn't come as a surprise.

Advertisement
Some kids with talent aren't afraid to compete. They think that they are the best and want to prove it by beating the best.

I don't understand why he would want to go to Florida state and sit on the bench for two years when he could come here and possibly start his freshman year with our lack of depth at the DT position. Do these kids watch the games? Because if I was a top notch DT coming out of high school I would be salivating watching Miamis defensive line on Saturdays seeing the opportunity I would be presented if I attended Miami.

6_358188.jpg

Advertisement
Jelani Hamilton, Tyriq Mccord, Anthony Chickillo are all projects right??? Just to name a few

Lol you realize that you just named a kid who will be a Junior next year, a true freshman and an undersized guy who would be shirting anywhere else.
While FSU landed Eddie Goldman 5*, Shanks 4*, Casher 4*, and Edwards 5*. Will probably end up with Senat this year, and already have Christmas in the fold. It's all about Depth, we need to land kids like Bryant, Bostwick, etc EVERY YEAR, not once every 3 years. Until we do, we will continue to get pounded on by the Kansas State's, etc ..

Advertisement
Before everyone turns into chicken little about an FSU commit that we never had a serious shot at, wander over to Peter's thread on "Way Too Early 2014 Mock Class" and ask yourself if the sky is really falling? Bryant, Bostwick and a JUCO (or two) in 2013. Some decent local talent already lined up for 2014 not including OOS options that the coaches are also exploring.

Jelani Hamilton, Tyriq Mccord, Anthony Chickillo are all projects right??? Just to name a few

Lol you realize that you just named a kid who will be a Junior next year, a true freshman and an undersized guy who would be shirting anywhere else.
While FSU landed Eddie Goldman 5*, Shanks 4*, Casher 4*, and Edwards 5*. Will probably end up with Senat this year, and already have Christmas in the fold. It's all about Depth, we need to land kids like Bryant, Bostwick, etc EVERY YEAR, not once every 3 years. Until we do, we will continue to get pounded on by the Kansas State's, etc ..

Yes because the K-State d-line is just full of 4*s and 5*s

Advertisement
Bryant, Bostwick, Clark...I'm good with those guys. We'll need more, but it's not like we're not gonna be bringing in anybody in the next year or two.

Well smart guy I don't know about you but Im use to being better than K state. They obviously didn't need those 4 and 5 stars to beat us but will when they face the top SEC teams. I say SEC teams because they have won how many straight titles? And well, that's kinda what I want for us, not to be comparable to K-State.

Advertisement
I don't mind too much what ****es me off is when they steal a guy from dade or broward or palm beach...as long as we can defend these 3 counties we should be good...which means we really need to get bostwick, keep Bryant, and get Clark in 14

Can't take anything away from FSU. They are killing it in recruiting.

But as Canes fans you better appreciate what we are doing too, especially with the looming sanctions.

2013/14 we are doing WORK on the lines. No worries.

Clark is one of the more impressive DL recruits I've seen in a while...

Agreed ksu brings out juco every year and players from junction nebraska.. lol come on now. its about depth not always talent. I saw ksu's roster has like 67 out of 85 guys were 3 *

Advertisement
Back