Delone Scaife is a Guard

Advertisement
I am a lot more optimistic our present OL coach will play peolple in the best position for them to help the team. Whethe he thinks Scaife helps more at tackle or guard remains to be seen. I am sure there will be some cis hof coaches that will disagree whatever he decides

Clemson has started a shorter tackle for the last 2 years but Miami fans think scaife can’t play tackle because he’s 6’3... smh

While not ideal to have a shorter tackle, I’m wondering how’s his feet & his punch is. He clearly has a long wing span. Interested to see how our OL progresses w new coaching. It just sucks that these boys have had 3 different OL coaches in a 3 yr span. That’s tough; no cohesiveness and they’ll be learning new coaching techniques for the 3rd straight yr.

The only way scaife gets kicked inside to guard is if Zion takes a big step forward & Rivers is the real deal from day 1 and beats out scaife on the right side.

One guy/position does not an O-line make. We all better hope at least three of them have grown up a little, have been beasts in the weight room and are coming into this season carrying huge chips on their shoulders for the abuse they took as a unit, last year.

They need to quickly learn another system, and god help us, how to pick up a freaking blitz. The corn fed O-lines are recruited based on potential; size, reach, and moderate footwork. Then, they are put on a 3-year plan to becoming a starter. We got some guys who have been battlefield promoted and don't have that time frame. But at least they mostly played as a unit last season, and I'm hoping that shows this season.

Advertisement
We NEED him at OT. So unless that changes, he's playing OT.

The good thing is with a new OC and OLine coach, the Oline is completely up for grabs. The competition will hopefully be good and it'll force some of the guys to step up and prove they deserve to be starter. Scaife is really the only guy on this OLine that should absolutely be guaranteed a starting job. Where he plays on the OLine is going to be determined by who else is starting.

Advertisement
Back