Deion Jackson commitment status

I'd drop him for his comments. If they don't want to be here... Cut em loose
Altough he is ultra talented from what many have said. Comments like this is unacceptable and i havee to agree with you. As a college coach. You dont allow kids to have leverage. If Saban seen this. Kid would have been gone and replaced

It is truly unacceptable from both party's. Any other self respecting coach of a respectable school within the power 5 would drop this kid in a heart beat. But the staff here is too pvssy. They still obviously don't know how to recruit kids down here. It's pretty sad actually. We've have local guys on staff for crying out load that know the culture.

And us fan gotta deal with this staff for the foreseeable future. This **** is beyond ridiculous.

How are they supposed to recruit kids "from down here"? I ask this as a serious question because it is unclear to me as well. I want Golden gone as much as the next guy but I don't know what he should do in a situation like this. He was all over the kid and offered him early before anybody else. He is lauded for identifying and offering early and gets the kid to commit. In the past he would get blasted for sleeping on kids and offering too late in the game. Now the kid is starting to blow up some on the national scene and seemingly is starting to look elsewhere and Golden gets blasted for not knowing how to recruit local kids.

How should he and his "staff" go about recruiting the local kids to better their chances of landing them. I only follow UM recruiting so I can't speak on how the rest of the country works, but it sure seems that the local kids from south Florida have ALOT to learn about the word commitment.

Advertisement
per 247

Rumors have been swirling on message boards and across social media concerning Miami cornerback commit Deion Jackson.

Jackson indicated if USC offered he would flip his commit to the Trojans and suggested he was '85-percent committed' to the Hurricanes.

His coach at Hallandale, Fla., Dameon Jones, cleared the air.

"Deion is still learning about the communication process on Social Media, interviews and media," Jones said. "That's all new to him. He's getting better with that as he is as a student and as a player. He's a solid commit to Miami. He grew up loving 'the U' and isn't going anywhere."

LMAO

Too late coach lol

I read -

He doesn't know not to **** where he eats yet, but he'll get there soon enough. More than likely he'll drop the commitment as soon as the better offers start to roll in.

I'd drop him for his comments. If they don't want to be here... Cut em loose
Altough he is ultra talented from what many have said. Comments like this is unacceptable and i havee to agree with you. As a college coach. You dont allow kids to have leverage. If Saban seen this. Kid would have been gone and replaced

It is truly unacceptable from both party's. Any other self respecting coach of a respectable school within the power 5 would drop this kid in a heart beat. But the staff here is too pvssy. They still obviously don't know how to recruit kids down here. It's pretty sad actually. We've have local guys on staff for crying out load that know the culture.

And us fan gotta deal with this staff for the foreseeable future. This **** is beyond ridiculous.

So.....how does one recruit a kid from down here?

Every recruiting cycle, the idea changes.

I'd like to know what it is for this year...and how you know in advance which tactic to use.

per 247

Rumors have been swirling on message boards and across social media concerning Miami cornerback commit Deion Jackson.

Jackson indicated if USC offered he would flip his commit to the Trojans and suggested he was '85-percent committed' to the Hurricanes.

"Deion is still learning about the communication process on Social Media, interviews and media," Jones said. "That's all new to him. He's getting better with that as he is as a student and as a player. He's a solid commit to Miami. He grew up loving 'the U' and isn't going anywhere."

LMAO

I would much rather people be stupid but honest, instead of having folks like this coach just come out and lie to everyone's face and deceive fans. Remember Jordan Scarlett last year...he really had no intention of signing with Miami, but continued to play along like he was in.

per 247

LMAO

I would much rather people be stupid but honest, instead of having folks like this coach just come out and lie to everyone's face and deceive fans. Remember Jordan Scarlett last year...he really had no intention of signing with Miami, but continued to play along like he was in.

If he had no intention why commit then?

Advertisement
per 247

LMAO

It's called spot holding in case he doesn't get the offer he wants to have a spot here, it is common now a days that's why kids commit early

per 247

LMAO

It's called spot holding in case he doesn't get the offer he wants to have a spot here, it is common now a days that's why kids commit early

I was talking about scarlett, i understand the spot thing with jackson not with scarlett

Deion Jackson's take on the article:

Jackson cleared the air.

"I'm still learning about the communication process on Social Media, interviews and media," Jackson. "That's all new to me. I'm working to get better with that as I am working to improve as a student and as a player. I'm a solid commit to Miami. I grew up loving 'the U' and I'm not going anywhere."

The three-star prospect is ranked as the nation's No. 47 cornerback and the No. 76 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Clearing-the-air-on-Jackson-37215944

sounds like he was misquoted.

Deion Jackson's take on the article:

Jackson cleared the air.

"I'm still learning about the communication process on Social Media, interviews and media," Jackson. "That's all new to me. I'm working to get better with that as I am working to improve as a student and as a player. I'm a solid commit to Miami. I grew up loving 'the U' and I'm not going anywhere."

The three-star prospect is ranked as the nation's No. 47 cornerback and the No. 76 prospect in Florida in the 2016 class by 247Sports.com Composite Rankings.

http://miami.247sports.com/Bolt/Clearing-the-air-on-Jackson-37215944

sounds like he was misquoted.

Unless rivals edited the videos and had someone do a voice over, it was him.

Advertisement
Being completely honest here, a lot of these kids get quite nervous when talking about other schools and their commitment. I won't release his name, but one of Miami's commits doesn't like doing interviews because he hates when people ask about other schools. Some reporters fire out questions at these kids and some handle it well and others can get nervous and say something they don't really mean. I'm not trying to make a case for someone who isn't solidly committed, but all I'm trying to say is some kids don't know how to handle interviews

Being completely honest here, a lot of these kids get quite nervous when talking about other schools and their commitment. I won't release his name, but one of Miami's commits doesn't like doing interviews because he hates when people ask about other schools. Some reporters fire out questions at these kids and some handle it well and others can get nervous and say something they don't really mean. I'm not trying to make a case for someone who isn't solidly committed, but all I'm trying to say is some kids don't know how to handle interviews

Ive seen it too, to add ive seen kids who hate doing interviews and just say what the reporters want or at times even mock the reporters, some kids hate it, others cant handle it, others thrive and enjoy it, depends on the kid, it also can get frustrating and a pain because a lot of these reporters call every single day, it can get over whelming

To pull for Golden and staff to surprise and not only win this year but hold this class togeather is the best thing a true fan can do. We all know it's a long shot but we make too many comments about our opinions which are pretty consistent across the fan base and too little about what we really want and that is for the team to succeed.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pretty sure he's always maintained that USC is his #1 and that if he gets that offer hes going there. And theres really nothing wrong with that, he clearly has wanted to go to USC this entire time, and still does. At least he's not really flip flopping much. If USC doesn't offer I think we got him. And hopefully they don't because he's a top talent.

Advertisement
Back