Deion Flips #1 Juco CB from UGA

Lol come on bro he did not legitimately flip the kid. You’re not new to recruiting you know better than that
I haven't followed or read the thread.....what's the story here I have no clue. My first assumption was holy **** it reminded me on Penny Hardaway at Memphis

Advertisement
I haven't followed or read the thread.....what's the story here I have no clue. My first assumption was holy **** it reminded me on Penny Hardaway at Memphis
Grades he didn’t even get a LOI from UGA. Penn State was supposedly trying to flip to but I guess that transcript was awful

I mean **** UGA absolutely, but the novelty of playing for Coach Prime Time will wear off fast.

Exactly.

Dude flips one kid and now he's an elite recruiter and this is front page news?

Kid will be in the transfer portal by 2022.

Advertisement
Makes sense to me.

If you're a CB who wants to get into the NFL...who better to learn from than one of the GOATs

Advertisement
Why does it have to be grade issues, maybe he wants to play for Prime time? Sounds like a lot of jealousy because we suck with a guy that's been here for 5 years and his defense in which he recruits for got plowed by unc..... BTW unc scored again! LOL
It doesn't "have to be" grade issues, it is grade issues.

And Deion is going to fail as a coach.

There are some terrible takes in this thread. This kid went from UGA commit to Jackson State signee. He is either as dumb as a box of rocks or has some serious red flags that no other P5 or G5 or **** even a good FCS school showed interest.

Understandably so, but most people commenting in this thread have missed what Deion has been doing at JSU. They have the top fcs recruiting class because a number of kids that could have gone p5 have chose to play for an HBCU, and Deion Sanders. This kid isn’t his only “flip”. They’ve had a few p5 transfers as well. Don’t be surprised if JSU is dominating fcs and playing in bowl games in the next year or two.

Advertisement
Understandably so, but most people commenting in this thread have missed what Deion has been doing at JSU. They have the top fcs recruiting class because a number of kids that could have gone p5 have chose to play for an HBCU, and Deion Sanders. This kid isn’t his only “flip”. They’ve had a few p5 transfers as well. Don’t be surprised if JSU is dominating fcs and playing in bowl games in the next year or two.
And they went for the BS story about Prime Academy but they have no idea that it failed because those racist schools out in Texas refused to schedule Prime. He got the top athletes and students but couldn’t get any games. The kids loved that place, it was like a big family. I think he sold his property in Prosper for like $70 mil. Sleep on Prime if you want to.

Advertisement
Deion can recruit but I would bet real money that he can't coach. He was an extremely gifted athlete in his playing days. He's also unbearably arrogant. He's gonna assume his players will "just know" how to play like he did, then he'll get frustrated and complain about how "kids these days" are soft because he can't coach them to play as well as he did. See MJ for an example on evaluating and developing young talent.
Deion has been coaching high school for some time. **** Deion was the oc. I dont think this is an MJ situation, dude will surround hisself with guys that can coach. But as his level as long as he got the jimmys an joes he should win

Idk if Deion really knows how much work is involved with even being a sh1tty COLLEGE Head Football Coach. He’s probably bitten off a little more than he can chew. Can he handle that for the long haul? IDK, But we’ll see. 🤷🏾‍♂️
Mike Rumph has handled it for 5 years.

You make assumptions with nothing to support it. Assuming there has to be a reason that he couldn't get into Georgia rather than choosing to go to an HBCU. That's just a white superiority complex at work.

Tell me why 5-star basketball player Makur Maker chose Howard University over everyone else? Grades?

Here's an article to help educate you.
grades issue for this one.

Advertisement
Back