Deion Flips #1 Juco CB from UGA

Advertisement
I mean **** UGA absolutely, but the novelty of playing for Coach Prime Time will wear off fast.
I don’t think prime will last more than 2-3 seasons, just seems to me he’s more of a publicity guy than a real football coach

Think people will elect to get off that ship fast

Advertisement
I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not, which I guess says something about FSU. They already had a history of HIV-AIDS class in 1988? Wasn't it recognized in the early 80s? Wonder if they'll do a "History of COVID-19" class this upcoming spring semester.

I am not being sarcastic, I believe that was the class, but it is POSSIBLE that was a class that another player took. If I'm wrong, I apologize to Deion, but I know he had to pull a B+ average in summer 1988 to remain eligible, and then MIRACULOUSLY it happened. After which, he promptly stopped going to classes.

"Sanders played in the 1989 Sugar Bowl despite having not attended classes or taken final exams during the fall 1988 semester at Florida State. Florida later passed a law known as the "Deion Sanders rule" that would prohibit football players at state universities from playing in postseason games if they did not successfully complete the previous semester."

Some other Neon Deion recruiting nuggets:

"Sanders, a Fort Myers native and 1985 North Fort Myers High School graduate, chose Tallahassee for three reasons:
  • He wanted to stay close to his momma.
  • He could play as a true freshman.
  • He liked the food in FSU's cafeteria."

"Behind the scenes, the Seminoles coaching staff was clamoring to have Sanders sign with them. In the pre-Internet era, football recruiting relied on word-of-mouth. The Seminoles learned of Sanders through Fort Myers resident and FSU booster Walter Grace, who first noticed Sanders as a 9-year-old Pop Warner football player.

Until 1986, the NCAA allowed alumni to recruit, and Grace did exactly that with Sanders."

"Bowden sent assistant coach Bob Harbison to watch and evaluate Sanders his senior season. Sanders started at quarterback and defensive back.

Harbison, who spent 37 years as an assistant football coach at FSU, attended one of Sanders' high school basketball games in order to further evaluate his athleticism.

After Sanders cut his eyebrow on the 10-foot-high rim, Harbison decided to cancel any further trips to North Fort Myers High School.

"I don't want to draw attention to the situation down here," Harbison told Grace. "So I'm going to stop coming down here. You keep your hand on the situation. Maybe we'll rob Fort Knox."

"When the inaugural Florida-Georgia All-Star high school football game was played in June 1985, Sanders failed to make Orlando Sentinel sportswriter Bill Buchalter's list of the top 22 players in the state. Those 22 players would comprise the nucleus of the Florida team's roster.

Grace intervened again.

Grace called Gene Cox, who was leading the Florida team and also coached at Tallahassee Leon High School. Each Florida-Georgia team had a 35-player roster, so Cox had to select 13 more players.

"I just called him up and I said, 'This is a guy you're going to want. He can play receiver, quarterback, cornerback, wherever you want him to play.'" Grace said. "He took my word for that and put Deion on the team."

"Well, he was recruited strong by Georgia and Miami and Florida," Hoover said of Sanders. "But I think the turning point was that Georgia and Florida, they mentioned, 'Well, you're going to have to come up and get used to things.' But Florida State, they committed to him playing right away. And then by the third ballgame, he was their starting defensive back. And we all know what happened after that."

Advertisement
If u can flip a player like this to JS then imagine with a brand behind him......HOLY ****

This some Penny Hardaway type ****

Advertisement
Idk if Deion really knows how much work is involved with even being a sh1tty COLLEGE Head Football Coach. He’s probably bitten off a little more than he can chew. Can he handle that for the long haul? IDK, But we’ll see. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Advertisement
Why does it have to be grade issues, maybe he wants to play for Prime time? Sounds like a lot of jealousy because we suck with a guy that's been here for 5 years and his defense in which he recruits for got plowed by unc..... BTW unc scored again! LOL
Good Lord make it stop

Advertisement
Back